DJI has released its 2.4G Full HD digital video downlink, the DJI Lightbridge

roryhinds

this seems like such a restricted product that only works for the single operator phantom uses.
DJI created a product that drowns out the signal so you're forced to run all coms through the LightBridge but this doesn't work in a professional 2 operator setup.

Hello
Working with production of aerial video, use products dji from the beginning, just do not use the gimbals of dji, my equipment is 100% customized for market issues today I'm flying with the Black Magcis 4K and an analog dowlink.
the doubt is whether I can use the DJI without Lightbridge connected to A2 or Naza? Why is my gimbal has no connection with the frame.
Another doubt is whether it is mandatory to connect my Futaba radio in DJI Lightbridge? I can only use the DJI silples Lightbridge with a digital video transmitter?
My setup would only Black Magics SDI to HDMI coverter for DJI Lightbridge and recepitor connected via HDMI on a monitor. Is this possible?
image attached
View attachment 18589

Attachments

• Lightbridge.jpg
    Lightbridge.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 214

gusisin

I have a 4K, I am getting the white screen on the ground station. I take the SDI out of the camera convert it to HDMI (this works as I can plug monitor in dorectly and I get full picture. If I plug my playstation hdmi out into the airside I get transmission fine to the ground station. What do you use for converting the 4K SDI to hdmi for transmission. I suspect I am a victim of hdmi protocol versioning here. Any help anyone ?

Thanks in advance.

econfly

Here is a quick video (no sound) of the Lightbridge RF output over the 10 channels. My Rigol spectrum analyzer only goes to 1.5 gig, so I am using a little handheld analyzer called an RF Explorer.