Newbie try to build his own quad need some opinion and advise.

fm725fm

Hi, after transfer everything from my phantom to a f450 frame, i want to build a new quad from zero. I have couple question before my build, and make sure i got everything right. my first question will be : is all all new frame come with circuit board or i have to buy separately? The second question is: I know my phantom motor are 2 rotating CW and 2 rotating CCW, but when i search on some motor, they didn't status is the motor CW or CCW. How can i pick the right motor? The third question is: What do you think about H style Frame? iI'm think of getting a 30A ESCs and still deciding which motor and prop should i get. I'm planning to fly it with 4s battery. Here are the list of parts i'm planning to get: Or i will just have plan 2, and it will be upgrading the phantom/f450 i currently have, but i still have to make sure question 1 and 2 Thanks

Frame 1
or
Frame 2
and
ESCs
and
Should i get Higher or lower Kv motor? From my understanding i believe the lower the KV, it will save more power. and higher kv is for heavy lifting. Correct me if i got it wrong.
Motor 1
Motor 2

NAZA V2

TX
I want to get the Futaba 8j but is too expensive for my budget, What do you think about Flysky TX-9X. I heard a lot of good review on that, also it is 9 channel. So, it is more than enough for me.

Gimbal
Tarot T-2D

Please give any opinion and advise that i need to know, or should i just upgrade the flame wheel? Still deciding. :dejection::dejection: I want to build my own quad, but i scare that my f450 will be in the closet after all. Since i don't want to sell it, i look amazing as my first build/transfer over.

Last edited by a moderator:

skquad

A lot of questions there. Firstly motors are not directional, unlike props. The direction of the motor depends on the order of the wires connected to the esc. If it sounds in the wrong direction after confection them just swap the 2 outside wires and direction will switch.

Some frames come with pdb (power distribution board) and some do not.

Lower KV motors need bigger props. Size of props is limited by (among other things) the dimensions of your frame. For a 450 size quad stick with 900 - 1100 motors and 8-11" props (guide only).

For the transmitter get a frsky taranis.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

fm725fm

After you show me the Frsky taranis, i love their voice telemetry, i think i will get that. But if i'm getting the 650 frame what size of motor should i go? 750?