ESC Wiring Question - DJI F550 - Stumped?!

PCMAerial

Got an F550 kit with included Opto E300 ESC's from Aerial Media Pros.

When I opened one ESC to solder to my power distribution board, the positive wiring was available. But the negative (black) wiring was too short. I cut a bit back on the black wire housing, only to find the red wire, and a silver wire mesh around it. No distinct ground wire. The ESC's are also way longer than my frame arms on the F550.

My question:

Is this "wire mesh" my negative wire connection to solder to my PDB? Or do I need to keep cutting back this ESC wire until I have a solid red and black together? Below pictures are attached to explain better:

View attachment 17795

View attachment 17796

Thanks

Attachments

• photo(7).jpg
    photo(7).jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 567
  • photo(8).jpg
    photo(8).jpg
    105 KB · Views: 553

PCMAerial

The mesh is your negative wire. It's wrapped around the red to reduce emi (electromagnetic interference)

Thanks!!! Glad to hear this. I cut back my extremely long ESC cords so that it will fit to the arm. Below I have a picture of my now twisted negative, and positive wires. How's this looking to everyone. Can I solder this?

View attachment 17808

Attachments

• photo(12).jpg
    photo(12).jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 439

Railrode1

I would go a little further back. It don't look like enough working room. May help to add some shrink tubing over the rest of the neg like, a piece on the twisted portion. Then a piece over the cable end, overlaping it like a sleeve.