Ioc

poseidon2

Posted this in a UK forum and got no replies (yet) so I thought I'd spread it around a bit:-
Naza experts, please help.
I don't know if I have something wrong or not so this is the scenario:-
DJI F550 with Naza and GPS.
TX on first then Naza battery connected. LED's go through the warm up sequence followed by rapid green's so home position locked(?). IOC switch in 'home lock' position during start up. Fly out a distance and try out home lock but it doesn't work. Same happens when I start up in 'course lock' i.e. it won't switch into 'home lock'. BUT, if I land and set home position manually then fly out both course and home lock work OK. If I start up with IOC in 'off' position and fly out then switch to 'course' or 'home' lock everything works i.e. the IOC switches perfect. Is this correct?
Quite happy to always start with IOC off I'm just interested to know what is correct.
Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, just point me in the correct direction please.
Thanks

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
Sounds correct to me. You can't start in IOC. And it only works when you're 10m away from the home position.

Cool?

poseidon2

I'm so happy. Thanks for that. I had a feeling it would just be me not getting my head around it but it's nice to know for sure. Thanks again.

poseidon2

Well I managed to try this out (at long last) and everything works a treat! SO................. to move on to my next question.
Failsafe:cower: When I've got the set up linked to Naza Assistant and I switch off the TX the throttle goes to just over 50% (as set in the Spektrum RX) which is nice! BUT when I move my 3 position switch to failsafe (with the TX on) the throttle goes to zero. Again, I think this is probably correct but is it? Reassurance needed please before I try failsafe in anger!:dread: