Sony NEX 5 Gimbal Recommendations

Jaybeast

Hey all,
I'm looking to update the gimbal for my Sony NEX and considering purchasing the Asterix Brushless gimbal from BambuCopters.com - http://www.bambucopter.com/asterix-brushless-gimbal/

Has anyone dealt with them? I'm a bit leery as there is no contact info and I can't say I've seen their name pop up on most forum vendor lists.

Also, any other gimbal recommendations would be helpful.
Thanks.

Claust

Consider the arris zhaoyun

it has better support for the camera on both sides, 360 degree orientation and is extremely well built. Comes at a cost though, twice the price as the one you linked to.

W. Reimer

Jaybeast, while the gimbal you reference will work, there are several gimbals MUCH more capable ( and expensive) on the market. It depends on what you want, and how much you can afford to spend. Generally speaking, buy the best you can afford to buy. if you buy the one you linked to for cheap and it doesn't fill your expectations...what then? Can you return it? If it breaks, is there someone that ca fix it for you?
While almost any 3 axis is better than a rigid mount, if it breaks down canted to one side 30 degrees and turned 45 degrees from forward and freezes there, with no one to fix it, you've spent a lot of money to get a worse end result. There are some very valid reasons why a few gimbals are more than double the price of others; it does come down to quality. be sure to evaluate the gimbal based on performance as well as price...pay now, or pay later, but you will pay for quality

Jaybeast

Thanks for the feedback guys and sorry for the delayed reply...

I agree that a cradle type gimbal may be a better option even though the trend seems to be the single-sided versions. I also believe in buying things once (within reason). While I'd love to go for a high-end gimbal, I have to be realistic about a few things. For starters, it's going on a modified F550 (now 650) with limited carrying capacity. I'd like to find something within the same weight range as my Crane 3 currently in use, but I know I have to add some weight because of motors vs. servos and control board. Another consideration is money I want to spend on this rig. I'm all about trying to stretch my current rig to the limits while saving money towards a new build sometime in the fall. So with that in mind...

I'm considering the GHT NEXt Gimbal from Grouse House - http://www.grousehousetechnologies.com/product/next-gimbal-fully-assembled
It seems to have the feature set that would make for a logical upgrade. It would only add a small amount of weight and is compatible with my frame. They are also active on the boards and I've read good things about them.

I like the look and features of the Arris but I don't like the weight. It would be about double from what I have now and I'm not keen on intruding on my over 12 minute flight times.

Are there any other 2-axis gimbals out there I should look at in the $300-500 range?

Thanks again.