Best Transmitter Receiver For The Money?

Helihound

Looking for a transmitter that I can use as I progress and gain experience. What should I be looking for and how much? Any recommendations? I'm starting with a basic SK450 quad but would eventually want to work my way to an Oct. Am I correct that they can be hooked up to a laptop and used in training programs?

econfly

Go with the Futaba T14SG. It integrates well with just about everything, is extremely reliable, has tons of flexibility, offers telemetry if you ever want to use it, and considering the costs of everything else in this area it is a good buy for the price.

It comes in two models, with the difference being the throttle stick. The "airplane" model has a notched throttle while the "helicopter" model is a smooth throttle. Both are adjustable and can be changed. If you like a self-centering throttle, you can contact Futaba service (futabasupport@hobbico.com) and they will send you the necessary parts for free.

Last edited by a moderator:

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Without even reading the previous post I was going to say the Futaba 14sgh. I just ordered one last night to replace my jr9503, which for the record was flawless. I went JR initially because I thought I was going to need the PPM output for use on MK. I had only some minor complaints but they were not even worth mentioning. I went to Futaba because I wanted to take advantage of the Sbus and the voltage telemetry available on the 14sg(h). As you asked best for the money I thin this is it. I would also throw in the 8fg super but it has no telemetry.

Helihound

Thanks for the replies. I was thinking more of used/second hand until I am competent enough to get something a bit more advanced once I know what I am doing. Looking to spend max £150 on a unit. I have looked at Spektrum and Futaba. To be honest, I don't have a Scooby Doo what to look for, so all help appreciated.

If anyone is selling one in the UK, then I may be interested.

Quinton

Thanks for the replies. I was thinking more of used/second hand until I am competent enough to get something a bit more advanced once I know what I am doing. Looking to spend max £150 on a unit. I have looked at Spektrum and Futaba. To be honest, I don't have a Scooby Doo what to look for, so all help appreciated.

If anyone is selling one in the UK, then I may be interested.

Really depends what you want to do.
If you are looking something to control a multirotor and be able to tilt a camera gimbal thenyou could purchase a nice radio like the Futaba 8J
http://www.helipal.com/product_info...ucts_id=9483&gclid=CLqHnImj6L0CFW7MtAodCX0Alg

Pretty good price as it includes a nice receiver too.
If you want 14 channels, then the Futaba 8FG gives you 14 channels, then later if you think you might want telemetry then you can go for the 14SG that gives you 14 channels, and telemetry if you buy it with the right receiver (R7008SB).
Just be careful buying anything 2nd hand, (which I did) as you may not get the battery charger that came with the radio, nor will you get a receiver probably, to wet your feet the 8J may be a good starting point.

Try to buy the Futaba T8FG Super without the 6208SB receiver, then buy the Frysky matching Receiver with s.bus..... for about $35 USD.

Looking for a transmitter that I can use as I progress and gain experience. What should I be looking for and how much? Any recommendations? I'm starting with a basic SK450 quad but would eventually want to work my way to an Oct. Am I correct that they can be hooked up to a laptop and used in training programs?

chipwich

Funny, I have a T8FG Super which I truly cherished, but after using a FrSky Taranis for one of my beater quads, I got so used to voice call outs, ease of programming, the ability to program on my computer and simulate, the convenience of the EzUHF Jr module, the low cost receivers, and built-in telemetry, that I began converting my fleet to FrSky for RC.

Last edited by a moderator: