Music or NOT?

cootertwo

Just wondering if it's just me, or what? But, I hate some of these video's with the added music track added, blaring away. I want to hear the motors! If I wanted music, I'd turn on my radio! Am I the only old fart around here?:nevreness:

SoCal Blur

Just wondering if it's just me, or what? But, I hate some of these video's with the added music track added, blaring away. I want to hear the motors! If I wanted music, I'd turn on my radio! Am I the only old fart around here?:nevreness:

I think it really depends on the sound track. Sometimes the music with the video elicits an emotional response that you wouldn't normally get just watching the video and listening to the motors. Here's a good example where the music creates more impact than the video would without the sound track (this video was created and posted by a forum member a few weeks ago):

Last edited by a moderator:

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I only think it's better without music if someone is test flying trying to show a problem with the Heli or demonstrate it's extreme abilities. Music is half of what makes you feel the shot. Agreed though some music selections are really bad. I can do without kloner rap versions of songs for sure. :). What annoys me is the over use of a few popular songs. Pick something new!

haha49

I find it's a 50 50 split on people liking music vs people wanting motor noise. If it crashes or is something like that I like the motor noise I like to hear how it sounds when it goes wrong. If it's showing shots then no noise and music is much better. I had people say they liked my videos with the motors noise and I've had others were they liked it with the music. Do you really want to watch something for 5-10 minutes of just motor and wind noise?

Cra-Z-1

Do you really want to watch something for 5-10 minutes of just motor and wind noise?

I can't stand that whining whistling motor/wind effect after about 1 minute of flying. I would turn the volume down to mute. Its the same with music though; some can be obnoxious. I'm a fan of Klonerized music aerials. I tend to like the electronic or rappy stuff though. Even some hard/classical rock might be nice filming over motocross or the like.

tombrown1

I think it really depends on the sound track. Sometimes the music with the video elicits an emotional response that you wouldn't normally get just watching the video and listening to the motors. Here's a good example where the music creates more impact than the video would without the sound track (this video was created and posted by a forum member a few weeks ago):

Great video! I'd missed this one. Music is terrific.

Last edited by a moderator: