Battery Question...

wpaoli

Hello, All!

I’m in the process of building a Tarot FY680 Pro using theTarot 4006 (620kv) motors. The motors require a 4s Lipo battery.

My question is:

What type of 4s battery am I looking for to power this thing, specifically, how many cells and mah?

I’ve been looking at the 5000+ mah, but they come with different cells- 50c, 35c, 25c, etc.

I plan to run a standard gimbal for a GoPro, FPV, and 4 LEDstrips for the arms.

Any help would be appreciated- and be as technical as youwant as I’m not versed in flight times as they correspond to the amount of juice in the battery. I’m just a humble Phantom pilot looking to learn about,and build, my own hex.

wpaoli

What rig are you flying and what kind of flight times do you get with that battery? It's got a pretty hefty price tag...

cbuk

4S means a four cell lipo.

The C rating relates to the maximum discharge rate. Multiply the C rating by the battery capacity to work out how many amps the lipo can give. For example, a 5000 mAh 4S Lipo with a 25C rating will allow you to discharge 25 x 5 = 125Amps. The question is how many amps do you need to run your craft and to answer that try using eCalc or a similar online calculator. As a ball park, I would have thought that a 5000mAh 25C lipo would be okay but check in eCalc

Last edited by a moderator:

gtranquilla

RadioActive
This is what I do.... I buy 35C rated batteries....... and run them in parallel.
Much higher and your total flight time can drop due to the extra weight.
Lower increases risks of brownouts etc.

eCalc will generally indicate similar results subject to the total payload weight etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

4S means 4 cells of batteries in series. the C ratings means the maximum discharging times it can handle. Like 4S 35C 5000mah, in theory the maximum current is: 35*5A=175A.....Then when you choose the battery, you should make sure the maximum current won't exceed the motor and ESC can handle.