450 and 550 Flame wheel using Naza lite controller question about blades.

bensid54

When I received my 450 Flame wheel with Naza lite controller I used the stock eight inch props which worked fine but I went to the ten inch to increase my lift. On brining he quad down rapidly with the ten inch props I would get a lot of wobble which made me uneasy it also didn't hold it's position well at hover. I changed back to the eight inch props and it is much better to fly and holds its position well. The Naza lite manual only gives gain settings for the 450 and 550 when using eight inch props nothing for gain settings when using ten inch props. When I got the 550 hex going using the Naza lite controller and ten inch props it handled worse than the 450. So do you think eight inch props will work better on the Hex than with the ten inch props sing my Naza lite controller ?

itsmeagain81

Hey @benside54. I am in exactly the same situation, we have the same setup and have the 10 inch on, not the 8inch, and definitely a wobble on when coming down.

Would be interested to hear anyones advice on this please

bensid54

Two three cell 2250mz batteries as recommended in the gain settings as far as cells go. I have the batteries side by side centred and as low as possible and keep everything as compact as possible.

Can't escape prop wash. That is the wobble on the decent you are facing. General rule is to decent at a slight forward or backward motion/angle. That will help you from descending into your own prop wash. The reason you get it with the bigger blade is the bigger the blade the more prop wash :)

bensid54

Bigger blades also change torque requirements from the motors so on decent it could be harder for them to compensate. A smaller blade requires less torque to change RPM so the DJI motors can probably have an easier time of adjusting the speed of the prop to meet the needs of the controller and multi rotor attitude hold. What I would like to do is use what I have on hand without replacing costly things like batteries, I also prefer a lower voltage whenever possible because I feel there is a better safety margin plus less strain on other electrical components.