XAircraft GPS riser or not included?

It states on XaircraftAmerica's site:-

"XAircraft SuperX is a new generation of multicopter flight control system. You can download the 1.9 SuperX Manual - English Here. All SuperX sold include the GPS riser[FONT=Pontano Sans, helvetica neue, helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] pole unlike our competition!"[/FONT]

[FONT=Pontano Sans, helvetica neue, helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]I received my SuperX without the pole and there seems to be some confusion about it - which is correct? I needed a pole and having read that it was included, of course I didn't order one at the time. Having said that, my supplier sent me the V1 IO and not the V2 as stated in their website and in fact the SuperX box had already been opened. When I buy brand new, I expect brand new not opened and especially on something like [/FONT][FONT=Pontano Sans, helvetica neue, helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]a flight[/FONT][FONT=Pontano Sans, helvetica neue, helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] controller. If it's been opened already it could have been sent back previously due to some quirky problem.[/FONT]

[FONT=Pontano Sans, helvetica neue, helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]However, on completion, the SuperX on my DJI F550 is way better than the NAZA that I had on it before.[/FONT]

[FONT=Pontano Sans, helvetica neue, helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Dave[/FONT]

rwilabee

Did you contact them regarding your concerns posted here. If so you should probably post their responses to you.

It states on XaircraftAmerica's site:-

"XAircraft SuperX is a new generation of multicopter flight control system. You can download the 1.9 SuperX Manual - English Here. All SuperX sold include the GPS riser[FONT=Pontano Sans, helvetica neue, helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] pole unlike our competition!"[/FONT]

[FONT=Pontano Sans, helvetica neue, helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]I received my SuperX without the pole and there seems to be some confusion about it - which is correct? I needed a pole and having read that it was included, of course I didn't order one at the time. Having said that, my supplier sent me the V1 IO and not the V2 as stated in their website and in fact the SuperX box had already been opened. When I buy brand new, I expect brand new not opened and especially on something like [/FONT][FONT=Pontano Sans, helvetica neue, helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]a flight[/FONT][FONT=Pontano Sans, helvetica neue, helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] controller. If it's been opened already it could have been sent back previously due to some quirky problem.[/FONT]

[FONT=Pontano Sans, helvetica neue, helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]However, on completion, the SuperX on my DJI F550 is way better than the NAZA that I had on it before.[/FONT]

[FONT=Pontano Sans, helvetica neue, helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Dave[/FONT]

The sole UK distributor is on holiday from 20th March to 12th April so I am unable to obtain a comment. What I was doing is gathering accurate information about what should have been included in the SuperX box so that I could accurately take that up with the distributor.

It may be that the riser is not included, how am I to know unless I ask - er, so I asked, in the hope that someone would come back with the answer rather than the response I got from rwilabee.

rwilabee

You made it sound like you got it from Xaircraft America and you never said you got it from somewhere else, unless I didn't read it correctly. It is up to the dealer if they want to include the pole for free. Also I couldn't imagine that XAircraft America would have sent you an already opened Ver. 1.

The sole UK distributor is on holiday from 20th March to 12th April so I am unable to obtain a comment. What I was doing is gathering accurate information about what should have been included in the SuperX box so that I could accurately take that up with the distributor.

It may be that the riser is not included, how am I to know unless I ask - er, so I asked, in the hope that someone would come back with the answer rather than the response I got from rwilabee.

Ah, sorry rwilabee, I cited XaircraftAmerica's comment that the pole is included thinking they were speaking for SuperX, the product. On reflection, Drew was putting distance between his company and other Xaircraft resellers in the US. We need more competition here in the UK. Everyone needs a holiday but Xaircraft's presence in the UK should not go on hold for three weeks.

I feel for Xaircraft, they deserve to get up there against DJI and they've clearly got a good product range emerging and they need exposure and sales. I'm in Vancouver in a few weeks and fancied buying a 650Pro and Stella but again, no Xaircraft presence in Vancouver or elsewhere in Canada.

wbrownj

I agree with tjdeerinck.... I got mine from XA UK and had them build it for me. I did not come with a riser and my puck is also mounted directly to the mounting plate. I works flawlessly.

FWIW

J

Hi fellers, yeah I've done without a riser too. My DJI Naza GPS's are on risers and I thought it would be better to put the XA GPS puck higher and away from other electronics but I too have discovered it works without lifting up.
I do like this SuperX though, I really want to see XA do well with this especially since they are much better at answering emails than DJI.