f450 naza v2 struggles taking off

Excludos

First off, I'm a complete noob who's only experience with these are with my brother's phantom. Still decided to attempt to build my own f450. I bought this kit:

http://www.buildyourowndrone.co.uk/...imbal-F450-p/dji-naza-m-v2-gps-h3-2d-f450.htm
Along with a t8j I found on ebay for a reasonable price, and this S4 35C battery:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/251470592139?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Spent a couple of nights putting it together, fired up the software and had no trouble working things out (youtube guides are amazing help). I take it out to test it..and can't get if off the ground. If it doesn't topple over right away (This could be due to the fact that I'm trying to lift it off of grass, which seems to stick to the feet. But I don't want to break the propellers should it do the same on asphalt), I might be able to get it a feet or two off the ground. But as soon as I let go of the throttle just a little bit to stabilize it, it goes right back down to the ground, and no amount of power can get it up again.

Any idea what this could be due to? Is it the battery not being powerful enough? I have tried measuring the voltage right after use, and it seems fine. I also turned off the voltage cut-off as was suggested in another post on this forum, and it makes no difference. And yes, I have made sure the engines are running the right direction as well :)

Excludos

Did I mention the thing about being a noob? Even tho I have been struggling all day, almost right after writing this post, I found my problem: Even though I made sure the propellers were put in the right direction, they were all UPSIDE DOWN! Thats right. I manage to break physics and lift the f450 with all the propellers the wrong way up. I'm slightly amazed tbh..

edit: yup. now it flies like the easiest thing in the world :D And I'm in love. Thanks for the potential help I'm sure I would have gotten ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
I want to say it happens to the best of us.... but I won't go that far :)

Some of us have put the props on the wrong motors... but upside down is a new one to me..

Welcome to the forum by the way, enjoy your stay and get ready for the upgrade bug to hit yah.... now you will never have any money like the rest of us.. lol

Excludos

I want to say it happens to the best of us.... but I won't go that far :)

Some of us have put the props on the wrong motors... but upside down is a new one to me..

Welcome to the forum by the way, enjoy your stay and get ready for the upgrade bug to hit yah.... now you will never have any money like the rest of us.. lol

Well the mistake was obviously not following any guides on the propellers. But the reason I put them on that way was because; right way in you have to use some force to push them down, while wrong way up they just glide nicely onto the groves.

And yes, I already have a list of items I want to upgrade/add, firstly being a fatshark or something similar... I should have waited until I was done being a student -.-