350 QX flies sideways~ ?

350 QX flies sideways~ ?

Hey guys, I have a relatively new Blade 350QX of which I've calibrated successfully (few times now) and I have an issue perhaps some of you guys can assist me with. The Blade hovers fine and when the cyclic stick is tilted forward for straight forward flight- the Blade ALWAYS goes upward and to the right off to an angle each time- it never flies straight away from me- always to the right quite severely.........has anyone experienced this and if so how did you remedy it?
My Phantom 2 does not do this and flies very straight and true, so i know this is not a trait of multi rotors........I expect the Blade to fly as straight but I can't get it to do so.
I should state this happens in "Stability" mode as that's the only mode I fly in.

Note; the Blade does fly straight upward when given throttle to climb- so it tracks straight UP and DOWN but not in forward flight.
I'm at a loss and am beginning to think it's the flight controller as the radio is not set with any trims- can't figure out why it tracks severely to the right when going into forward flight.

Thanks for any help guys~
Cheers

STI-REX

Gettin Old
I have had 2 Blade 3d heli's that flew perfectly for a handful of flights and then started doing strange things opposite of the given commands both were found to be faulty and were replaced with new units no hassles and both still fly great to this day

One is a 450x heli and one is a blade 300 heli

Can you do a full reset of the radio and recalibrate ? ................... wanders off to read 350QX manual online to be more informed

STI-REX

Gettin Old
Well after reading the manual I can only see that you may have to recalibrate for the GPS and make sure that you are facing absolutely north away from any sorts of possible interference

Even a set of keys or cellphone in your pocket or a watch could make a difference

I even take my metal belt buckle off to be sure and I do it away from the house , metal roof and electrical wi fi etc

RikMac

Hi Steve,
You don't say what brand and type of controller you use. I use a Spektrum DX6i and initially I fly only in Safe Mode, making sure my final light sequence is a solid green. After placing the quad on the ground (usually on a flat cardboard about 2 ft square). Then I move directly back and away from the quad at least twenty feet. Do the normal start sequence (takes about 1-2 minutes for GPS lock and a solid green light). Next step, I get it up about 25 ft with just the throttle. Park it there. At the same height, I move the throttle stick sideways to the right, the quad turns clockwise a few times. Then do the same thing with the throttle stick horizontal to the left. Same movement, except quad turns clockwise to the left.

Once back into position and still in solid green Safe Mode with the battery cover facing me, I move the aileron (right stick) forward, and the quad should move directly away from me. Stop, and do the same, except move the aileron (right stick) directly back towards me for a few feet. If all 'check' movements are correct, then in any other Mode, you are having problems and must reset the binding program again.

That is, if you are using a Spektrum DX6i as I use. Whatever other controller(s) you are using, perhaps their settings need to be in BIND.

If all fails and you are still with the problem, then perhaps the problem is with your controller stick.

Hope this helps somewhat.

RikMac

Old Man

I'm guessing one of the trims might be off center. If that's not it I would contact Horizon's customer service people. That's what they are there for.