H3-2d gimbal discontinued

LeeT

Wannabe AP Dude
According to Robert @ UAVPRODUCTS, the h3-2d has been discontinued. I wonder what that means for those of us that have our gimbals out for repair?

allensull

I just ordered one on the 14th and got it on the 18th and it was DOA and had to send it back to where I bought it from for repairs. I'm wondering the same thing are they going to repair our H3-D2's or replace them with a new H3-D3?
Been looking on some sites and I'm not seeing the H3-D2 listed and if they are they show backorder none in stock.

Last edited by a moderator:

myaces

This is good news, details on the new gimbal say that it will help get rid of the fish tail effect. As my F550 gets heavier it seems the fish tail has gotten worse, the video is still pretty good, going to be amazing now.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
i suppose i should hurry up and finish the H3-2D review that I started a few weeks ago :(

SamaraMedia

Hey guys, just upgraded my firmware today and found that now I have NO panel to adjust my H3-2D gimbal. Can't find it anywhere. When I connect the P2 to my computer and launch the assistant software it says the gimbal is turned ON under the "Basic" tab but there is no tab for adjustment like there was before to set limits under the "Advanced" tab. WTF DJI??????? Is this just another way for you to "best control" the behavior of your products????? Looks like there is a couple new firmware links on the info page as well.

Here are some screen shots of the new P2 assistant software. I haven't check my NAZA assistant software yet but wondering if DJI is eliminating the ability to adjust the gimbal now. I HATE how fast the damn tilt speed is now using my Futaba T8FG and with now adjustment available in the software what is a poor boy to do?

Anyone else encounter this issue - TahoeEd, BladeStrike?

I did not see any mention about this in any of the Release notes?????

View attachment 17036

View attachment 17035

View attachment 17037

View attachment 17038

View attachment 17039

John

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-03-29 at 1.52.28 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-03-29 at 1.52.28 PM.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 293
  • Screen Shot 2014-03-29 at 1.52.12 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-03-29 at 1.52.12 PM.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 284
  • Screen Shot 2014-03-29 at 1.52.41 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-03-29 at 1.52.41 PM.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 156
  • Screen Shot 2014-03-29 at 1.52.51 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-03-29 at 1.52.51 PM.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 179
  • Screen Shot 2014-03-29 at 1.53.13 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-03-29 at 1.53.13 PM.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 155

To adjust the tilt speed of the h3 2d go to servo speed and slow that down in the T8FG. Mine works so much better.. After you do that you can also open up the 8fg and make a very minor adjustment of the slider to smooth it out. hpiguy on your tube has a great video on that...

SamaraMedia

Thanks copterstudios, I thought I saw something about that but couldn't remember where, should have figure hpiguy would be the place. I'm having problems with the latest P2 assistant running on my MAC, seems to crash each time I disconnect. Maybe I need to quit the program before disconnecting the USB cord.

SamaraMedia

What OS are you running - Mavericks? Latest P2? Don't know the Futaba inside and out but can usually follow along on a video tutorial easily enough. I'll do a little digging later.

Thanks much,

econfly

Things are moving fast in this business. The H3-2D didn't last a year -- barely nine months -- before the H3-3D, and pricing went from something like $699 for the H3-2D last summer to $369 just a few weeks ago. Amazing.

SamaraMedia

So fast that by the time they work out the bugs on this gimbal GoPro will release the Hero4 and be just a little different causing you to buy another gimbal since this one is for the 3...

coreyperez

Yeah, have you looked at pricing of the H3-3d? At almost 1k I'd say NOPE! "Stella" would be the new answer.

I was going to work on running down gimbal for my NEX7 but figured I'd wait until prices dropped with new advancements.

Corey

econfly

Yeah, have you looked at pricing of the H3-3d? At almost 1k I'd say NOPE! "Stella" would be the new answer.

I was going to work on running down gimbal for my NEX7 but figured I'd wait until prices dropped with new advancements.

Corey

That just under $1K number is with a Phantom 2. Looks like a Phantom 2 alone is going for about $680. Right now the U.S. dealers appear to be taking orders on just the combination of Phantom 2 and H3-3D. I did see that $499 price for the H3-3D as a pre-order from a foreign dealer, but nothing in the U.S. at this point.

coreyperez

I think it was Helipal (as that is the only "viewed" link in my browser history). BUT, in looking today it matches your price (listed). I suppose that isn't too bad of a price jump for a 3rd axis.

Corey