New Setup! Please help me out and share your knowledge

Fydaman

I've been lurking these forums and after reading all 50 pages of the group build thread I'm ready to tackle my first F450! I have been reading around a few sites the new ARF kits are equipped with the E300 propulsion systems for no additional costs which sounds like the best route. I know I will need a rx, tx, and module also including batteries and a decent charger. I almost considered the Zenmuse kit but now the 3d is out I'll wait that one out... The tx I have been interested in is the turnigy 9xr with a frsky module and rx. This is my first build and the construction of the actual quadcopter seems pretty straight forward... It's the tx, rx, and module that worries me... The 9xr is open source and I don't really plan on doing anything but flying and fpv... I would love a real easy setup... Can anyone chime in and tell me if this setup would even work? If so where can I get simple settings to get this thing in the air? I plan on buying my setup on Friday... So the sooner the responses the better.. Thanks again to bartman and this community for helping me out this far...

Fydaman

you can start creating your startup using this: Multi Rotor - Calc Tool
and when done you can check it using ecalc to see if it actually flies.

Thats great but I need help with buying items before I start messing with ecalc stuff... Any insight on my initial buy list?

plans so far
DJI F450 ARF kit with e300
naza mv2 with gps
Turnigy 9xr
Frsky telemetry module and rx
4s batteries
3-4s lipo charger

any tips? Insight? Anything at all?

wolph42

the calculator I linked is for newbies, its not 'ecalc stuff' but more to get things within range.
Suggestions.... I'm a newbie myself so I can't really say much from experience. The T 9xr is also on my list, same for 4S batteries. Personally im going for the F550 Hex, but I might end up with the F450 after all, still undecided. You can check out my parts thread, link in my signature.

My intention is to go cheap and slowly upgrade when I get acquanted. Hence I'll be going for a cheap FC and not a naza from the start. This is also the reason that im still undecided between quad and hex.

Nardanelle

Hi
I'd like to add my post in the subject. I’m in themiddle of building my very first hexa as well and I’va Got some question about mychoices. In general, weight is about 3,5-4kg.
I’m buying
-TurnigyH.A.L. 750mm (~1kg) frame,
-sunnysky2814-11 700KV engine or Turningy Multistar 2814-700Kv.
For either ofthose engines I’m planning to get
-12”x6props.
Plus
-lipol4200mAh, 14,8V 4S.

First: Is12” prop a good choice for 700KV engine?
Second: DidI make a good assumption with parameters of those engines? And which one isbetter?
Third:Which speed controller should I pick: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...amp_multi_rotor_brushless_esc_2_4s_opto_.html
or
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__15205__hobby_king_30a_esc_3a_ubec.html

Thx for your help : )

skquad

I am looking for some more input... Anyone please feel free to chime in

9xR is a great place to start. The fact it is open source is irrelevant -there will be a learning curve regardless of which tx you buy. For a little extra the Frsky Taranis is highly recommended (mine is on its way). The Taranis will replace my 9XR which I think is a great value radio with more features than you'll use. My son is now inheriting it.

In regards to the rest of your build, it is very similar to my first build, ie. 450, dji 920kv motors, naza m v2 with gps. I have since switched the the XAircraft SuperX FC, turnigy NTM 2836 750kv motors, I'm running 10" props with 5000mah 4S battery. I upgraded to e bigger motors simply to give me more lift my 450 was almost 1.8kg at the time. I'm now 2.2kg with a gimbal.

For a gimbal I can highly recommend the Xaircraft Stella. Plug and play and super smooth and the lightest on the market.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk