plastic/fiberglass domes

cootertwo

I recently cracked the clear plastic dome on one of my multirotors. I can get another from the supplier, $7/8 each! but was wondering what others have found to use. I've seen some Tupperware bowls, etc. and I know these domes weren't made specifically for multirotors, so where do they come from? What are they used for, other than our purpose? Guess I'll go walk around some Dollar stores, and see what I see.:frog:

cootertwo

Well, the one for "only" $45 is for pre order ha ha. And the one for $25 + shipping, looks just like the ones I can get for $7 to $8 each. I was just curious, as 99% of these domes, were made for something else, and probably dirt cheap. Not trying to be a cheapee, just wondering what they were used for. Maybe lens covers for surveillance cameras, like you see in department stores looking at you from the ceiling.

SoCal Blur

If you're really looking for protection for what will be under the dome then you'll want to stay with Polycarbonate. I think the link I posted also has some videos showing what happens when a brick is strapped to the dome and it is then dropped to the ground. The domes of other plastic materials all cracked and/or shattered. The Poly dome just dented a little. That's the main reason I spent the $25 + shipping.