Weird start up "habit"

coreyperez

I seem to have developed a weird start-up on my F550 (Naza M V2). Previously, the throttle was more linear, now it will stay at idle from arming up to halfway+ and then it rapidly accelerates to taking off. I don’t know what could have caused this, the only thing I changed was going from 8” to 10” props. Everything else wouldn’t have made a difference (Gimbal, landing gear, etc) because the craft would have had to deal with it until it was aloft.

I don’t believe I changed any of the settings, in saying that. Any idea where I should look? I know there is a throttle setting, but I didn’t mess with that, so I wouldn’t believe it should be an issue.

Stumped…

Corey

Tahoe Ed

Corey,

What you describe is the normal throttle behavior for a Naza controller for sometime now. You arm and then advance the throttle to 50% then lift off. After you take off your throttle becomes linear.

coreyperez

Mine didn't do that before (no firmware change) and my friend has a 450 with current firmware and his doesn't seem to do it either. Only difference is he is still running the 8's...

I may swap back and see if its a start-up TQ issue.

Corey

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Manual mode the throttle will be linear. ATTi mode or GPS take off’s basically start at 50% throttle since in those modes you do not have a throttle, just an "altitude adjustment stick” an d both do an kind of “auto take off".

coreyperez

Bummer. It may be the weight issue now (much heavier with landing gear, gimbal, camera, FPV TX, etc). It just springs into the air, nearly.. ok, not NEARLY, but much less "controllable". Its a lot of money to not have 100% control of. Heck, I'd settle for 50%!

(Only because I have about 60% throttle before takeoff)

Corey

Just trust it to take off and you will be fine.. I fly a 7lb y6 with my naza v1, it takes off just fine.. You just need to build faith into the auto take off protocol.