Hoverfly arming problem

octocine

I've been away from overfly for awhile and I can't get my props to turn. I go through the left stick, right stick initialization and get the rapid red light indicating that it's armed, but when I throttle up - nothing. When I move the throttle above about twenty five percent the beeping that indicates that it's armed stops and when I lower the throttle the "armed" beeping continues. I know I'm being stupid, but can't think what else to try.

Aerovideo

I've been away from overfly for awhile and I can't get my props to turn. I go through the left stick, right stick initialization and get the rapid red light indicating that it's armed, but when I throttle up - nothing. When I move the throttle above about twenty five percent the beeping that indicates that it's armed stops and when I lower the throttle the "armed" beeping continues. I know I'm being stupid, but can't think what else to try.

I think it's supposed to be flashing a rapid green light not red. Maybe the red is indicating a problem with the board? Do you have a GPS attached? If so try removing it. Good luck Shane, I hope you figure it out.

octocine

Thanks Paul. The Hoverfly was showing the correct "armed" lights, but I did not describe it accurately. I finally tracked the problem down to a refusal to bind completely to a DX8. That's a first for me. I finally tried another radio and problem solved. I've sure had a lot of time on that radio and apparently they don't last forever.

Aerovideo

Is this one of the early AR8000 receivers? If so, it needs the correct satellite plugged in for it to bind properly. Really weird as the satellite looks like all the other satellites. I had to try all 3 I had before If found the correct one. Then as long as that particular satellite was plugged into the AR8000 it worked fine. Frustrating, but I do recall them noting it as a bug on the early bundled Rx's with the Dx8.

Glad you found the problem though. That's a tricky one to track down.