Drone Stabilization

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
I have a DJI F550 and have never seem to get it to hover smooth enough. I have been getting a rotation on the yaw back & forth like someone slightly shaking their head. I have read that gains have a lot to do with it, but haven't seemed to find the right spot. I also heard that locking in all GPS satellites could be a factor.

I have a link to a video so you can see what I'm talking about. In the video I'm not turning the yaw at all and it still rotates.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thank you

https://vimeo.com/89374173

I had reset NAZA to default for gains, now at 125%- pitch &roll, 100% yaw

Running 14.8v 4500mAH 4S 30C Battery

DJI NAZA M

NAZA Version 2 GPS

Zenmuse H3-2D

DJI motors- DJI 2212 Brushless Motors,KV: 920 rpm/V
Props- DJI 1038 10" 3.8" pitch
I am not sure on my AUW, but all I have added the Zenmuse, Gopro Hero 3 Black, Fatshark FPV and very light landing gear

Last edited by a moderator:

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
No one can see your video, it is marked as private.

I would think your gains are too high, but not knowing the specs of the F550, this is really a guessing game. What extras are on the F550, what battery, what are your gains set to and the AUW.

wolph42

other reasons might be either too large props or too high pitch or both. The higher these numbers are the less stable the flight becomes.

btw. noob here as well: what are 'gains' ?
I know they're amplifiers but the only 'amplifiers' I know to be on a rig are the ESC's. So what are the 'gains'?

wolph42

In addition you have a 550mm diameter frame and its a hexacopter right?
so whats left:
- motors (KV)
- props (diam and pitch)
- AUW.

(your second link is partially broken, I can get it to work but not by clicking on it.)

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Weird, do you see the copter moving side by side like that or is it your zenmuse doing it? Where did you position the FC? is it dead center or over the CG? does this do the same thing in both forward and backward flight?

One thing you might want to check is the connections from the motors to the esc's, some have reported a bad connection and it makes the motors twitch.

One of the things you should check as well is that all your motor mounting screws are the same tightness. Sometimes (depending on the frame and craftsmanship) you will get a motor that is not 100% level and when the NAZA uses the torque from the motors to rotate or even hover it can yaw. The NAZA will try and correct this and give you the back and forth you are talking about... I doubt this will happen as most the Flamewheel frames are pretty easy and foolproof to level but it is worth ruling out as a possible issue. Let us know once you rule it out! Could be as simple as a screw didn't thread right and is pushing a motor corner up an 1/8 of an inch. That's all it takes!

Best of luck!! :)
-Gadget

I am using
DJI motors- DJI 2212 Brushless Motors,KV: 920 rpm/V
Props- DJI 1038 10" 3.8" pitch
I am not sure on my AUW, but all I have added the Zenmuse, Gopro Hero 3 Black, Fatshark FPV and very light landing gear

I assume its the copter, because I don't think the Zenmuse can even pivot on the yaw axix like that

Sorry, instead of guessing, what are FC and CG?

Yes, it doesn't matter if I am moving forward or backward it has the same effect

Status
Not open for further replies.