Bad FC???

Dezy

I was testing the motor direction on my new quad with the NAZA Lite. All motors were working/spinning, except my #4 motor. So I switched the M3 and M4 leads at the FC, and then #4 worked, but now #3 didn’t.

Does this sound like I have a bad FC? Is there something else I can try before trying to get my hobby shop to give me a new one, or having to ship it to DJI?:dread:

Thanks in advance,
Dezy

Lanzar

Well with this test you have proven that naza Works on 3 and4 channel. Also the same test has shown you that esc three does not work so you need to check it not naza.

Dezy

Thanks for your replies, but I'm not sure.........

By switching the leads between M3 and M4 on the FC, I've been able to get both #3 and #4 motors/ESC's working. But which ever motor/esc is plugged into M4 of the FC, that one does not work. Which seems to point the outputs of M4 on the FC not working - correct?

Or what am I missing?

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Is this a new unit or old? did anything happen to the naza?

One other thing, I have seen it on Woo Kong units where the connectors on the board of the FC have bad solder joints, if it is an old unit, open it up and check.

Dezy

Is this a new unit or old? did anything happen to the naza?

One other thing, I have seen it on Woo Kong units where the connectors on the board of the FC have bad solder joints, if it is an old unit, open it up and check.

This is a new NAZA Lite - I bought it earlier this year. It has never been used or flown.

Not sure if I should open it up - may void any warranty???

wolph42

Your OP is a bit misleading. Most readers thus read it the wrong way. Let me give another way of saying what you say (and pls correct me if I'm wrong, cause maybe *I'm* the one gotting it wrong :D).

"When you connect an esc/motor to channel 3 of your FC the motor runs. When you connect that same esc/motor combination to channel 4 of your FC the motor does NOT run. You have done this test with another esc/motor as well with exactly the same result.".

Correct? (edit: 'channel' is a potentially a poorly chosen word and you might want to substitute it)

If so then indeed it sounds like you have a faulty FC. For save measure I would test all motors on that channel to see if they all fail. If you've done that then you've quite strongly eliminated it to a faulty FC (assuming they all won't work on channel 4) and with that result you can contact the dealer.

edit: keep in mind that it might be a cause initiated (and potentially fixable) by yourself. I'm unfamiliar with the naza but from what I understood its programmable, so did you flash it? did you check the software settings at all? maybe that sheds some light on the issue.

Last edited by a moderator:

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
This is a new NAZA Lite - I bought it earlier this year. It has never been used or flown.

Not sure if I should open it up - may void any warranty???

If it is new, I would not open it up. Contact your dealer and see what they suggest, I have a feeling they will not help you out if you have had it for a long time without use.

Can you do a screenshot of your setup and of the assistant or at least tell us how you have it set up and for what type.

Dezy

"When you connect an esc/motor to channel 3 of your FC the motor runs. When you connect that same esc/motor combination to channel 4 of your FC the motor does NOT run. You have done this test with another esc/motor as well with exactly the same result.". (quote)

Thanks Wolph, yes that is what I'm trying to say.

I will try testing all 4 motors on channel 4 (labeled M4 on the FC) to make sure they all fail. I have seen them all work when they are plugged into either M1, M2 or M3.

I have it set-up as a quad-X in the assistant.

I'm at work now, trying to support this growing habit.:highly_amused:

Dezy

I’m pretty sure this was my bad………..:black_eyed:
I was thinking that all of the motors would spin upon executing the Combination Stick Command, maybe not so?
Because this time, after doing the CSC, I tried giving some throttle, and they all spun sweetly!
Thank you all for the assistance. I’m going to try to give this new MR its first flight this coming week-end.
Thanks, again
Dezy

Dezy

I would also raise the throttle threshold up. That will help as well.
Thanks, Ed - will do. I have 2216-12 Tiger motors and had set Motor Idle Speed one notch below the "recommend" setting, after reading somewhere to do so when using bigger than stock motors. I guess their not as big as I would like to think.............