DJI 30a ESC with other motors

Idahobell

Banned
Will the DJI 30a ESC work with other motors or just the DJI motors? Is the DJI 30a ESC better/worst or the same as the Hobbyking 30a Platinum Pro ESC? Any feedback would be appreciated.

rilot

Yes, they will work with any motor that won't draw more than 30A.
I would say that they are considerably better than any no name junk that HK sells.

Idahobell

Banned
Great. I have an DJI F550 with Naza-M but I am changing the frame to a Tarot FY680Pro with Tarot motors but wanted to keep the DJI ESC's.

If you go to the effort of using SimonK to get the best out of your ESCs make sure the ESCs have 100% N FETs and not a mix of P and N FETs as high pulse rate/motor rpm will cause the P FETs to overheat.

If you are going ESC AND motors then I would hands down just get an E300 hex kit. I had my doubts but when I got one...my god it is sweet! When they say ZERO vibrations they mean it! you can run the motors full throttle and not feel any vibrations. I use the quad kit on my tbs disco with my GoPro hard mounted to the frame, no padding. It also comes with a power distribution board so you can run the single cable though the arm and make it neat and tidy!

Idahobell

Banned
I thought about using the E300 but I am building a Tarot 680Pro with T-2D gimbal and didn't think the E300 would cut it only being 15a ESC.

Those ESC are MORE than enough! You use ESC per motor not the size of your frame. That set is built SPECIFICALLY for those motors. The only thing you would have to worry about would be length of the ESC wires. My dad build one and instead of running it throught the tube at the top he mounted the ESC on bottom (like normal) and drilled a small hole in the tubing to feed it through and it is SO CLEAN! DJI did all the math for you there. It tells you 3-4S battery. Just don't use a 5S or 6S and you will be fine :)

Quinton

I think I am going to go with the Hobbywing 30a Platinum Pro ESC instead of the DJI 30a.

If you haven't already dont forget you will need the hobbywing programming card to set them up, its only a few dollars more.
You can set it up through the transmitter but the card just makes it so much easier.