Cant upgrade WKM firmware

cbuk

I currently running WKM Assistant 2.04 and am trying to upgrade the WKM firmware from version 5.24 to 5.26 but it fails every time.

I must be doing something stupid but cant work out what. This is how I'm trying to do things.

Firstly I turn on my tx and power up my craft normally (6S lipos).

I then fire up WKM Assistant 2.04 on my laptop(PC)

I then plug the USB cable into the BTU.

The Assistant software recognises the WKM and the firmware upgrade window pops up asking if I want to upgrade. I select upgrade and am warned "Do I really want to upgrade the firmware, and if so to disconnect motors or remove props. I've already removed props so click "yes". The firmware upgrade dialog box then says the upgrade is in progress but about 20-30 seconds later a failure dialog pops up "Upgrade Failure, please power cycle and try again". Needless to say, I try again and the same happens.

What am I doing wrong, its driving me crazy.

I'm assuming I can upgrade the firmware via the BTU unit. I'd rather not have to remove my crash cage to get to the actual WKM.

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
Well, I can't really help you. But I boot-up the program first, then power up the aircraft/WKM. I do it directly to the WKM USB port.

Keep trying mate. I've had it fail before, just try again....and again....

cbuk

Cheers for the reply Ben, I'll try it directly into the WKM so that means crash cage removal :(

I've also tried variuos combinations in the order I start things (i.e. booting assistant first or powering craft) and all result in failure!

cbuk

Well, you learn something new every day! It is not possible to upgrade firmware via the BTU, at least not in this case (5.24 -> 5.26).

I removed the crash cage and plugged directly into the WKM and guess what.....upgrade success!