I cant lift off PLEASE HELP

touchedperkybus

i just got the DJI F450 with Naza v2 arf kit have every thing hooked up right
but i cannot get any lift from it at 50 throttle it wont even budge and after arming motors spin pretty slow
props are on the right way and motors are hooked up right and spin correctly

PLEASE HELP im loose it i have a ar500 rx dx6i tx naza v2 920kv motors 10" props and 11.1v 5300 mah batt:dread::dread::dejection::dejection:

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
there are only a few things that would make that happen. AFAIK it wont even arm if your esc's were not calibrated. Normally it just beeps letting you know there is an error. You either have some funky settings in your radio. Your lipos are extremely faulty. The fact it arms and spins up but you state how weak it all seems I would say something is very wrong with the power delivery. The FC only sends a signal to the ESC's. So somewhere along the line from Lipo to motor there is a short, a bad lipo, etc. If one esc/motor were bad it would lift off and be uncontrollable. but you say it spins without lifting off. Does the prop speed seem to be somewhat linear to your tx inputs?

nuclear

there are only a few things that would make that happen. AFAIK it wont even arm if your esc's were not calibrated. Normally it just beeps letting you know there is an error. You either have some funky settings in your radio. Your lipos are extremely faulty. The fact it arms and spins up but you state how weak it all seems I would say something is very wrong with the power delivery. The FC only sends a signal to the ESC's. So somewhere along the line from Lipo to motor there is a short, a bad lipo, etc. If one esc/motor were bad it would lift off and be uncontrollable. but you say it spins without lifting off. Does the prop speed seem to be somewhat linear to your tx inputs?

Also, it would be good to check the voltage cut-off that you have set in the naza software
if you're below cut-off, the prop won't really increase speed until you're at 90% throttle (made that mistake once when switching between 3s and 4s)

touchedperkybus

Nevermind, I got it to work. I just had to turn off the voltage cut-off, because my receiver wasn't set up for it. That'll do. Thank you all for your help. It has been wonderful and I am just overwhelmed with emotion b

bnick

Greetings and my very first post here...

Seems this has been answered but I thought I might add what happened to me when I couldn't lift off after my new F450 build... I had just recently purchased, for another application, two new 2800mAh Zippy 25C 3S Lipo's, that again were brand new and fully charged... I like to do voltage checks right after coming off my charger and both of these new batteries were reading right around 12.51V...

I installed them one at a time and attempted to spool up and at maybe at 70% throttle my 450 was just sitting there without coming off the ground... Within a couple seconds her Naza Lite controller would bring down her throttle so I couldn't raise it anymore from my DX8, and she went into a fast red flash error..

I Powered down and exchanged batteries and again over and over she would go into fast red light error right before lifting off... Her MPU would take away my throttle so I could spin up no more than maybe 25%... This baffled me for days because I could easily fly with an old ThunderPower 2500 4S 35C...

Then one of the guys on another forum suggested soon as I go into error to disconnect my battery and throw my digital voltmeter on her and see where she was at so I tried it... Right off the charger they both measured 12.5V and in less than a minute of attempting liftoff, and going into red flash error, I measured them and they had fallen to 7V...

My brand new Cheapie-Zippy's were no good... I ordered 2 new 2800mAh 60C 3S Turnigy Nanotech's and she then flew perfect and super strong... I now fly 3S 5000mAh 65C's and get safely 12 minutes of light flight at 1580 grams total up flight weight, with EzOSD, 1.3gHz Vtx, Pro700 FPV Cam, Landing gear, and a Mobius camera...

I've only been flying FPV almost daily now for 4 months and am still a beginner as it's learning curve has been way more than I ever thought it would be but I simply love it... I really learned that even new batteries can fail and that is what kept me from lifting off as my voltage fell so fast under load...

Happy Flying and Peace...
bnick
Gresham, Oregon
KG7GNR