Octocopter control board

Quick question around octocopter control boards, are there any "cheap" ones, for example HK do their V3 control board for $18 but it only supports hex.

If one wants to dabble in octo's what do you use?

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Electro 2

If one wants to dabble in octo's what do you use?

To my way of thinking by the time you get around to octos, you're serious enough to get a real commercial controller. There's no way I'd build a 5 thousand dollar aircraft and not have a X Aircraft, DJI, Zero UAV, MK, or whatever, in there.

I agree completely, but you can build an octo very cheaply if all you want is the aircraft itself. Must be a gap in the market! Anyone?

SoCal Blur

I agree completely, but you can build an octo very cheaply if all you want is the aircraft itself. Must be a gap in the market! Anyone?

Totally agree. Mine cost around $1,500 to build including all of the electronics, Transmitter and Receiver. But I used a Tarot T1000 Carbon Fiber frame and went with some higher end Motors/ESC, etc. However, the FC is a Multiwii Pro Ez3.0 which is $80 w/GPS (less without). I know someone who built an Octo from aluminum square tubing and the whole thing cost him less than $600.