DX8 Transmitter for use with F450 and NAZA Lite with GPS

zinkracer

I have just purchased a low-time F450 with NAZA Lite and GPS. The seller has it set up with a DX6. I fly with a DX8. Can I use his DX6 program file? Does anyone have a current setup for this combination for the DX8?

All this is very new to me and I realize there are threads, but they just seem to confuse me and I am uncertain what to use or not use.

Really appreciate the forum. I know this gets tedious for the experts who take their time to write.

Many thanks for any input.

Zinkracer.

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
You can't get the setup file off the DX6i, I do not recommend using someone else's setup on a quad anyway, very bad idea, they are trivial to do from scratch especially using a DX8.

Easy to talk you through the setup.

What Rx are you using?

Pete

zinkracer

Thanks, Pete. It is an AR600. Haven't received the package yet. The rig was shipped to me today by the seller, so will be a few more days. I'm trying to get ready for it.

BTW, my Cassie lived in OZ for 21 years. Has dual citizenship. Really loves the place. I hope to visit one day as well.

zinkracer

Pete, I goofed my way through it last night and flew it today. Not bad. Pretty exciting after all the delays getting it ready. Gains - is it a good idea to increase these without really knowing why? Started at 100% on all. Seemed decent but no baseline of comparison.

Thanks again.

JG

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
Thanks, Pete. It is an AR600. Haven't received the package yet. The rig was shipped to me today by the seller, so will be a few more days. I'm trying to get ready for it.

BTW, my Cassie lived in OZ for 21 years. Has dual citizenship. Really loves the place. I hope to visit one day as well.

The DX8 is really easy to program for the Naza, will only take a few minutes.

I have a sister that has lived in the US for 30 years, she is one of the many in the US that can never retire, she will have to work til she dies, bugger that, I am retiring in three years.

Pete, I goofed my way through it last night and flew it today. Not bad. Pretty exciting after all the delays getting it ready. Gains - is it a good idea to increase these without really knowing why? Started at 100% on all. Seemed decent but no baseline of comparison.
Thanks again.

JG

Start with the gains in the manual, generally a bit more than 100 is better but it does vary.

Pete