naza m v2 beginner questions

Only taking my first steps with mr flying, so still getting used to lipos and flight times.

Went out just now to have a quick flight, and after about 8 minutes, whilst in atti mode, the power suddenly reduced (landed gently though). My voltage alarm (set for 9.3v) hadnt gone off, and the battery had 11.2v on the meter the battery wasnt warm to the touch (neither was anything else).

Whilst the throttle did work, it wouldnt power up enough to take off. This was the same if I switched to gps mode. However in manual mode, I still had full control over the power and could take off and hover normally.

When this happened in atti or gps modes, the little led on the naza was flashing orange iirc. When I got back home, I checked the naza assistant, and I noticed that the voltage protection switch was on, and the first level protection was set to 11.5v and second level to 11.1v

Am I right in thinking that the protection level 2 triggered? If so, these voltages seem a bit on the safe side? How much lower should I go (running 3s lipos) and how much higher should I set my alarm so it goes off first?

FlyGirl

Only taking my first steps with mr flying, so still getting used to lipos and flight times.

Went out just now to have a quick flight, and after about 8 minutes, whilst in atti mode, the power suddenly reduced (landed gently though). My voltage alarm (set for 9.3v) hadnt gone off, and the battery had 11.2v on the meter the battery wasnt warm to the touch (neither was anything else).

Whilst the throttle did work, it wouldnt power up enough to take off. This was the same if I switched to gps mode. However in manual mode, I still had full control over the power and could take off and hover normally.

When this happened in atti or gps modes, the little led on the naza was flashing orange iirc. When I got back home, I checked the naza assistant, and I noticed that the voltage protection switch was on, and the first level protection was set to 11.5v and second level to 11.1v

Am I right in thinking that the protection level 2 triggered? If so, these voltages seem a bit on the safe side? How much lower should I go (running 3s lipos) and how much higher should I set my alarm so it goes off first?

Many just turn off that protection Baldwin and fly on "time elapsed" using the countdown (or up) function on their transmitter....

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
You must measure how much was taken from the pack and work out flight time from there, never discharge below about 20%.

Pete

Tahoe Ed

Did you calibrate the battery in Assistant? I agree that using a timer is the best way based on lipo usage, but many Tx's do not have the feature.

I hadn't played with any of the settings, I think it was just on as default.

Just wanted to confrim that what I saw happening (the 50% cut in power) was the battery protection stuff kicking in rather than anything else.

I've now adjusted the settings, and its' working a lot better now and I feel I am using my batteries a lot more, but still within safety margins.

I have discovered that my Lipo alarm is not really load enough to hear if it's too far away, so won't be relying on that - back to the timer for me!