Ecalc no longer free

jes1111

Yep - can't argue with that!

Now all we need is for all manufacturers (particularly motors and props) to be "on the ball" about sending their product data to eCalc so it can be included. And a coax capability would be cool too - even if it has to have a separate field for "efficiency loss" on the bottom motor.

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
I dunno, when are they going to put Graupner props on there, it is not like no one is using them?

107graphics

I apparently jumped into this hobby in the middle of this changeover, which was a bit confusing! One thing I will say that is not clear about the demo version is that the terms say that the selectable components are only 25% and randomly selected. FYI, not that it's not well worth the cash.

jbrumberg

It was going to happen at some point, and the cost is not excessive. I am surprised that there has been little if any mention of eCalc charging for program use through site membership over at RCG.

Quinton

TBH they are going about it completely wrong.
They should simply have added links to all the different motors/Escs etc as an affiliate and they would have made MUCH more.
Good luck to them though, as its a really good resource, however nothing beats testing things yourself.

janoots2

Agreed. A competing free calc will now be released. They should have just added pertinent ads to to site...