Naza m v2 Failsafe throttle setting.

Skywalker

I am just about done my F550 build. I have all the Failsafe functions, and switches working properly(according to the assistant program)
I have seen some posts about programming the throttle 10-15% when it goes into Failsafe. Is this necessary? Any input would be appreciated.

rilot

Yes, you want the failsafe for throttle to be at 10% or higher. If the Naza detects the throttle at 0% for more than a few seconds, it will assume you have landed and will shut the motors off.

T J Gilbert

Devil's In The Details
Most pilots set it between 40% and 50%.
That way if there is intermittent connectivity (or a lag in reconnecting) between the Tx & Rx, and you're in Atti FM, the airframe won't just drop like a brick...

myaces

Just make sure you bind it correctly based on your receiver type and I used 50% throttle based on some of the posts here. It's a little scary trying it for the first time not knowing for sure if it's going to work.

I just tested mine yesterday by turning the radio off, the multi climbed about 20 feet and hovered for maybe 30 seconds. Then landed right where it started. I don't know if it's best to test by turning the radio off or using the switch to enable failsafe. Anyway, it seemed to work really well. Just make sure to wait for no red flashes indicating you've connected to enough satellites to enable setting the home point.

DWA

Just make sure you bind it correctly based on your receiver type and I used 50% throttle based on some of the posts here. It's a little scary trying it for the first time not knowing for sure if it's going to work.

I just tested mine yesterday by turning the radio off, the multi climbed about 20 feet and hovered for maybe 30 seconds. Then landed right where it started. I don't know if it's best to test by turning the radio off or using the switch to enable failsafe. Anyway, it seemed to work really well. Just make sure to wait for no red flashes indicating you've connected to enough satellites to enable setting the home point.
if you're going to test it you should of course test first in the Naza assistant. If you want to test in the field
it is best to test with the switch. Not by turning off the radio.

myaces

Yes, that's a good point about testing in the assistant first. Certainly much better doing it there then finding out that your throttle failsafe is not set correctly.

While you can test with a switch that will not validate that you have bind set correctly on the receiver will it?

DWA

Yes, that's a good point about testing in the assistant first. Certainly much better doing it there then finding out that your throttle failsafe is not set correctly.

While you can test with a switch that will not validate that you have bind set correctly on the receiver will it?
I think it will. Because the bind has to be done correctly for it to show up in the assistant.