Mikrokopter MK FC 2.5 Problems

Vortex

I'm having some problems setting up a MK system and having no previous MK experience and I need help.

I have posted both these problems up on the MK forums and that's pretty much a waste of time so I'm hoping someone here can help.

My set up....
MK FC2.5 Ver2.02b
Motor safety switch Ch8 + gas 0
no start without GPS fix OFF
Servo endpoints set and working
Config OctoX-XL
Tx Graupner MC-20

I am having trouble getting the motors to start.......Throttle to 0 and flick the start switch and the unit beeps and I get the message "Minimum Speed"
lastnight I did get it to start and the switch worked fine but after I switched the Tx off and unplugged the battery and re started it, I could not get it to start again and was right back where I started.

The other problem is in the mixer setup, I have it all set up correctly and the motors run fine in the motor test. When I open up 3D and check the orientation of the copter the heading is in the + configuration and not X. When I rotate the orientation line and check in 3D it has not changed and is still heading as it was before.......It's almost as if it is not changing anything. Is this right or am I missing something??

Thanks and hope someone can help.

Regards,

Lance

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Hi Lance,

Welcome to the world of Mikrokopter!

I don't use the motor safety switch but I think you have it set correctly. You probably need to set your min gas under the MISC Tab of MKtool. Mine is set to 8. You can use the motortest feature to see at what point your motors will start (one at a time is a lot safer than all eight at once) and then set min gas to two or three more (if they start to spin at 11, set min gas to 13 so they all start up and idle at the same speed).

FOr the orientation go to the Mixer-SETUP Tab and click Load, an X Octo is plain old Octo from the files available. when you load it the diagram should change to show the X Okto configuration with the mixing table to match.

As with everything, if you change something, don't forget to hit the WRITE button in the bottom right corner of the Settings window to write the settings to your FC.

Let us know if any of that helped.
Bart

Vortex

Hi Bart,

Thanks for the reply.

I checked the min gas and it was set to the default which is 8. I checked it in motor test and the motors started at 8 and stopped at 0. I tried changing the value from 8 to 15 and they still started at 8 and stopped at 0 and it made no change to the "Minimum Speed" voice and beeping so I set it back to 8

The mixer setup is working and the motors run correctly when I did get them running and in 3D the copter in the pic always had the #1 motor at the front in a + ........I just can't seem to change the orientation to X

Yeah I learnt to hit the "Write" button already ;)

Mikrokopter........Is a steep learning curve!!!

Thanks,

Lance

Vortex

I've worked out how to get the motors running.....Once I select the Parameter Selection Setting to 1 - 5 only then can I start the motors. I have not seen this written anywhere and may be a new feature in Ver 2.02b

I had a suspicion it had something to do with a calibration and started working through stick inputs and found it that way.........Anyhow it works!!

Now all I have to do is get the orientation sorted and it will be ready to test fly :) BTW...I checked for the config file X Octo and it's not there.......So I've stayed with what I had already loaded for the time being

Regards,

Lance

Bartman

do the motors work in the correct positions when using the motortest for individual motors? if so then I'd guess that the 3D representation isn't a specific diagram but just a generic kopter for illustration purposes.

regarding the motor start, looking at the wiki there are three options....

http://www.mikrokopter.de/ucwiki/en/EasySetup/EasySetup#Motor-Safety_switch

I think the disable position is the old way of Mikrokopter where the left stick down and to the right starts the motors, down and to the left stops them.

The second way does the same thing but you can prevent the motors from starting by using the Safety Switch to prevent starting (Down and to the right) unless it's on

The third way removes starting and stopping from the stick positioning movements and makes motor start up and shut down dependent on only the safety switch but to have this you need to check the box labeled "Motor start/stop -> Gas 0 & Motor-Switch ON/OFF"

If you still can't get them started can you take a screen shot of your Easy Set Up or Channels page and we'll take a look at your settings?

Bart

Vortex

Hi Bart,

Thanks for the reply. I found out what I had to do to arm the motors last night and posted it above. Strange but I can't find any mention of it anywhere......

I have the props on and now it's started drizzling but I'm hopeful I will get to try it soon.

I'll let you know what I find.

Regards,

Lance

Bartman

ok....you shouldn't have to select a parameterset every time you fly the helicopter. you do have to do the ACC calibration every time you fly (left stick to the forward left corner) and the motors won't start until it's done.

when you power up there is a sequence of beeps that will identify which parameterset is loaded. you can always change it but that first sequence of beeps tells you what it's using at power up.