DJI 900mhz Datalink and ground station questions...

I have both the 2.4ghz and the 900mhz data links. Haven't quite decided which I want to keep. Both will be ran from a laptop as I don't have an iPad.

The 2.4 Datalink has an assistant application for firmware update. But I cannot locate one on DJI website for the 900. Assuming there is not one.

My question, Is one better than the other? Besides distance is there any other benefits?

Tahoe Ed

At this point they both use the same GS PC based program. I still have my 900mHz data link and for distance it cannot be beat. However for ease of use, I vote for the 2.4gHz unit with BT and my iPad mini.

For my 900 Mhz GCS system I first had to enable the "free" single waypoint capability within the WKM assistant program. This required a lengthy process thru my dealer which took a few days. Subsequently there was a GCS software program update. But I don't recall procedures for updating firmware within the GCS xmitter and/or receiver. Obviously at the receiver end there is the USB port to make that possible. If the 900Mhz xmitter has a usb port it would be possible to update thru that as well or indirectly from PC via the WKM USB connection.

Tahoe Ed

You do not have to upgrade the Data Link. It is merely a conduit for information back and forth between the GS and the FC. As long as they are updated that is all you need.

Got it all hooked up yesterday and it works in sim mode. Now to get it outside this weekend and give it a go. Thanx for all your help.

Andy

I do have another question....

In the manual it shows another battery hooked to the second Canbus port. Is this required, as it powers on from being connected to Naza PMU? If it is required do you know which wires in the Canbus are for power? I would have to cut an extra cable for it.