XAircraft Stella, SuperX, and SBUS help.

Hey guys!

Hope someone here can give some help on this.

I have an X650Pro with SuperX and Stella hooked up via SBUS. I can't get any clear answers to a couple questions:

1. I belive SuperX grabs channels 1-7 when connected to SBUS, is this correct? Can this be changed?
2. When SuperX is connected to SBUS, the A,E,T,R ports on the IO V2 become outputs of 9,10,11, and 12, correct?
3. When Stella is plugged in via SBUS, it appears to grab channels starting at 8, correct? Can this be changed?
4. How many total channels does Stella grab?
5. What channels are available for use outside of SuperX and Stella are available?

Keep in mind that all of this is when a Futaba T8FG is being used as the TX and an FRSky TFR8SB is being used as the RX.

I am trying to install an RCCC v2 camera control to switch between the GoPro and an FPV Camera, and control lights.

Any clear answers to the above questions would be awesome. Documentation is a little rough on SBUS and Channels.....

Thanks very much,

~T.J.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I wish I could help you as I am curious how the Sbus works on the SX now.

C'mon, someone on here must know the answer.

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
Super X and SBUS, my comments relate to a FrSky Taranis X8R RX

SX connects to a suitable RX from the port marked X on the IO V2 to the RX SBUS port, when this is done all the ports on the SX goes via the single SBUS wire (8 channels in total) then the first 4 ports on the IO V2 marked AETR become channels 9, 10, 11, 12.

There are only 8 ports on the SX IO V2 9 if you count the battery port however as you are using port X for the SBUS connection only 7 ports are going via SBUS

Don't have Stella, so can't help, I do have a 3 axis gimbals and all 3D (R,P,Y) planes are controlled from my radio.

In my case with Taranis I remap the freed ports to a new 9 to 16 giving me a 16 channel radio.

I am not aware of any channel re-mapping possible with IO V2

IO must be V2 to work with SBUS

I hope this helps a bit

David

Super X and SBUS, my comments relate to a FrSky Taranis X8R RX

SX connects to a suitable RX from the port marked X on the IO V2 to the RX SBUS port, when this is done all the ports on the SX goes via the single SBUS wire (8 channels in total) then the first 4 ports on the IO V2 marked AETR become channels 9, 10, 11, 12.

There are only 8 ports on the SX IO V2 9 if you count the battery port however as you are using port X for the SBUS connection only 7 ports are going via SBUS

Don't have Stella, so can't help, I do have a 3 axis gimbals and all 3D (R,P,Y) planes are controlled from my radio.

In my case with Taranis I remap the freed ports to a new 9 to 16 giving me a 16 channel radio.

I am not aware of any channel re-mapping possible with IO V2

IO must be V2 to work with SBUS

I hope this helps a bit

David

Yeah, that is what I tried. I connected the TFR8SB SBUS port to the splitter, then one leg to SuperX port X, and the other port to Stella port S (SBUS). When I do this, 1-7 channels are used for SuperX, and Channel 8,9,10,and 11 are used for Stella. If AETR becomes 9,10,11, and 12, then it would seem logical that the Port R on SuperX should be channel 12. None of the ports, AETR are useable as outputs when I have it hooked up that way.

Not really sure why it does not work. Tried asking a few sources and the dialog always stops short of a solution. I wanted to use this slick RCCC v2 to control stuff on the quad but with no channels available, it looks like either no dice, or get another radio!

Thanks for the replies at least......

~T.J.

So circling back to this thread, how I am fixing this issue is to use S.BUS on SuperX and Stella, along with an FRSky S.BUS decoder for 4 channels. This will allow for everything to work and be assigned as I need them.

Don't know that I would count on the SuperX IO V2 to output anything as I could not get anything to work when using S.BUS.

~T.J.

PS: Next to acquire, a Taranis when I can find one in stock!! :)