XAircraft X650 Pro Will Not Yaw to the Left

2C Drones

I can't seem to figure out why my X650 Pro will not yaw to the left. I have double checked the ESC connections, the connections to the IO, all other connections, I have checked my radio many times, plus started over with a whole new setup thinking I changed something and forgot. It will yaw to the right no problem and all other maneuvers. All my blades are mounted correctly.

This is on my second flight that I noticed this, the first flight was just straight up and down to check the GPS mode etc. So I don't know if it yawed left then or not.

On my radio I have gone into the SERVO field and it shows that the left stick is operating to its full end.

X650-Pro Kit (XAircraft ESC's and Motors)
SuperX FC
Futaba 8FG
Futaba R6208SB
Zippy - 5800 - 14.8 - 4S

Any ideas? :dejection:

Last edited by a moderator:

Av8Chuck

Have you flown this MR where this didn't happen or does it happen on every flight?

I've seen this happen before where someone made a change and although they thought they re-installed the FC correctly they had inadvertently switched the motor connections M1 to M2, M2 to M3, M3 to M4 etc. It flew but wouldn't YAW correctly.

Sorry can't help you with this.

Good luck and Welcome to MR Forums.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
If you put your heli on a concrete floor, or something slippery, does it yaw on its own when you start to take off? Or does it fly normal and just have no left authority? If it takes off level and has all other control but left yaw I would say you either have a bad pot in your radio or possibly a faulty controller? I dont really know why it would turn right but not left and still hover normally. Now if it is yawing right and your left input is simply holding it in place thats most likely props on wrong or your esc's are plugged into the wrong slots or motor direction is reversed.

From what I remember the Super X does NOT allow you to see your tx inputs on the software? Which would be really nice for something like this. Does your radio work with other models? What happens if you plug a servo into the rudder output directly into the rx?

2C Drones

LOL! He finally was able to turn left in the end of the show. I want to do the same! ;-)

I have checked ECM's three times, I just started the motors to see which way they are turning, and they turn the correct way and the blades are correct.

I have not tried the floor idea, I will tomorrow.

Here is my Black Box info: http://log.xaircraft.com/#2014_02_17_161232.250_3.4.04.18

Thank you for the welcome Av8!

Zirt57

LOL! He finally was able to turn left in the end of the show. I want to do the same! ;-)

I have checked ECM's three times, I just started the motors to see which way they are turning, and they turn the correct way and the blades are correct.

I have not tried the floor idea, I will tomorrow.

Here is my Black Box info: http://log.xaircraft.com/#2014_02_17_161232.250_3.4.04.18

Thank you for the welcome Av8!

I just checked your black box report. Your motors aren't level.View attachment 16321View attachment 16320

Notice how motors 2 & 4 are spinning faster then 1 & 3. This would induce a yaw by itself if the FC didn't try to correct it. In one of the other threads someone posted a good video on how to level your motors.

Jeff

Attachments

• ScreenShot009.jpg
    ScreenShot009.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 308
  • ScreenShot010.jpg
    ScreenShot010.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 269

2C Drones

Good job, Jeff! I couldn't find the video but it was common sense on how to do it, the two that was over powering then the other two was the culprits (of course) and after leveling them it flies perfect now!

Thanks for all the help, and laughs. " I'm sorry that good-looking people like us made you throw up and feel bad about yourself." Derek Zoolander