FC for Foxtech Kraken 130 heavylift octo (WKM vs A2)

triise

Hi,

I've just preordered the Foxtech Kraken 130 octocopter. (http://www.foxtechfpv.com/foxtech-kraken130-octocopter-arf-combopreorder-p-1335.html)
As of now its ordered with WKM (v3 GPS / and v1 IMU), And I've been trying to decide if I'm going to use the WKM or the A2 on this. It's quite a dilemma for me as I've heard a lot about the A2's problems recently. I've even owned a S800 with A2 but its now sold. The flights I had with it was smooth and with no problems. On the other side I hear that the WKM isn't problem free either.

The AUW with this rig will be apx 10 kg. (Frame 6 kg, 20k mah 3 kg, FLIR / gimbal 1 kg). And I'm still debating with myself if i'm going to use the WKM or change the order to an A2 FC. If I stick with the WKM, should I replace the IMU with v2? Anyone flying 10 kg rigs and the WKM IMU v1?

Any opinions and experiences you'd like to share with me would be much appreciated.

EDIT: Also, I have to add that i got the WKM 50WP/iOSD/GS combo for 100$ less than the A2 only. This might also be a factor in the equation...

sk8brd

it seams like either are a good option. the a2 is the latest so i think it had teething problems but things should be sorted out with it. The wkm had that as well with people loosing their planes due to compass errors during flight like flips of death. i haven't come across instances like that recently so the bugs most of been worked out. i have read the the updated imu did help with some altitude hold issues on heavier rigs. i'm personally going with a2 because of the futaba integration and how it handles the channels like the channel mapping feature. i haven't flow the a2 but people seam happy with both.