Mutleys new ground station tracker

mutley2

A while ago I decided that my bag as far as FPV ing was the ability to fly anywhere I wanted to, as long as it was safe, and not be restricted by the technical side of the hobby. This took me down the "rabbit hole" that is ground stations and trackers.
The spec/want list I decided on was
Portable
Long distance
360 deg
Clutter free
Light and able to pack in a back-pack
User friendly (idiot proof)
I used the new EFPV tracker, but made a few changes as their tracker is setup for use with Eagletrees systems and I wanted to keep using my Immersionrc gear and I wanted an internal display/lipo to power both the VRX's and my Fatshark Dominators, this is what I came up with.

Spec is
Immersionrc Duo Rx
Immersionrc antenna tracker 100degs tilt/360degs pan (buttons removed and replaced with high IP mounted in front panel
Hitec HS625MG x2
5volt ubec
My own antennas (helical 10 turn, and skew planar)
2200mah 3s Lipo with charge point or parallel input
Isolator
Volt meter
Tripod
Fatshark Dominators with single cable supplying AV and power
This is to be used with my TBS Disco and Ritewing Zephyr 2

Last edited by a moderator:

Very nice Mutley2 !! I am very interested in building something similar to your tracker. Where did you get the antenna? Do you think that set p is better than Spiro net patch type antenna? I must say that's a very nice tracker looks well balanced and very functional.

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Dude that is sick.
And because of your awesomeness I now hate you as I am currently researching stuff.

MAD...

Happy at the awesome.

;)

mutley2

Cheers guys, most of it comes from a kit from EFPV.co.uk, but there were a few things I wanted to add like internal lipo and the tracker LCD, just made it more robust for field trip etc.
The antenna is my own, i work in the industry and have access to all sorts of kit (network analyzers) so it's easier just to make my own. Helical antenna's are mainly what I use because they are easy to make and tune and they have as much gain as you build into them.