First Quad Dji F450 Tips/advice?

Hi guys basically I'm from the south east in Melbourne,Australia I am a rc heli enthusiast, and have been flying helis for about 2.5yrs 450size up to a trex 700.. Anyway that's another money pit in itself.
I have recently been inspired and keen on the idea of fpv and aerial video . My first part of my purchase of a quad is under way I have just brought and waiting for delivery of a Dji package of a f450 which comes with naza m v2, and gps, pmu , Zenmuse h3-2d gimball dji 450 kit with motors and esc for what I thought was a good price around $700aud... Comes with long landing feet... 8* and 10* props, I have purchased a couple of Zippy 3300 4s 35c packs

Next month or two I will purchase my video tx and goggles gear...
Possible fatshark attitude v2 notn100%sure yet

For the next month I will set up the quad and learn how the Naza works. So looking forward to my first quad build... Any tips?

I am planning on using my Spekky dx7s.... Unless there is an issue with this... I have a ar6100 and sat coming for it... Any reason not to use the ar6100? I read it has fail safe?

i may end up getting a frsky taranis if the Spekky dx7s gives me grief, I already have a gopro h3, and would eventually like to get a Tbs disco frame kit... Have I done the right thing as far as a first quad?

Sent from my Galaxy far far away....

W. Reimer

Take your time with the build, be 110% confident with your soldering and spend as long as you need building it and dialling it in. You "can" build it up in a few hours...that doesn't mean you should, or that it's a good idea.

Having flown conventional heli's before too, I'm well versed in the perils of trying to fly one without taking the steps you need to, to have it flying well. You have a very capable small quad there. I suspect you'll not be happy with the flight times with your battery choices...they will be shot. If you're running 3S, set the 8in. props aside and use the 10's. When you next buy batteries, look for something along the lines of 5000-6000 mah, and when you're building it, plan on using two batteries at once.

LeeT

Wannabe AP Dude
Hi guys basically I'm from the south east in Melbourne,Australia I am a rc heli enthusiast, and have been flying helis for about 2.5yrs 450size up to a trex 700.. Anyway that's another money pit in itself.
I have recently been inspired and keen on the idea of fpv and aerial video . My first part of my purchase of a quad is under way I have just brought and waiting for delivery of a Dji package of a f450 which comes with naza m v2, and gps, pmu , Zenmuse h3-2d gimball dji 450 kit with motors and esc for what I thought was a good price around $700aud... Comes with long landing feet... 8* and 10* props, I have purchased a couple of Zippy 3300 4s 35c packs

Next month or two I will purchase my video tx and goggles gear...
Possible fatshark attitude v2 notn100%sure yet

For the next month I will set up the quad and learn how the Naza works. So looking forward to my first quad build... Any tips?

I am planning on using my Spekky dx7s.... Unless there is an issue with this... I have a ar6100 and sat coming for it... Any reason not to use the ar6100? I read it has fail safe?

i may end up getting a frsky taranis if the Spekky dx7s gives me grief, I already have a gopro h3, and would eventually like to get a Tbs disco frame kit... Have I done the right thing as far as a first quad?

Sent from my Galaxy far far away....

You need a different RX, one that has preset fail safe. The Ar 7010 has this feature. Without it you will not be able to activate RTH if you loose your signal.

Tahoe Ed

You need a different RX, one that has preset fail safe. The Ar 7010 has this feature. Without it you will not be able to activate RTH if you loose your signal.

Agreed. Without preset failsafe you will not be happy with the result. The difference in cost is minimal vs the lost of your F450. I have lost a craft with another controller and spent days trying to find it. $800 lost and replaced and later sold for $400. Go figure, it is part of the sport. Net loss over time, $1200 not a good ROI.