Led lighting and flight time

I have a f450 and wonder what is your opinion on the consumption of battery usage for (4) 6" strips of led lighting on the DJI arms. I am seriously considering eliminating them since I fpv.

I can also do a test of with or without and measure flight time but to get an accurate measurement I will have to do several tests. Your opinion will help me save time. Thank you for any information you can share with me. :)

rcflyerheli

This will be my first reply since joining this forum, but I think I can answer this one. I have built two DJI 550s and a S800, all with full LED lighting. My birds have all used the Turnigy receiver controllable switch for on/off capability. For day flying, I just keep them off, and for night flying, on. In all honesty, I am using seven one meter strings, and I cannot see any noticeable difference in my night and day operations. I use the same timing for all my flights, and my flight packs all come down at the same voltage, around 3.8V/cell on 3S, 2200 mah packs. If you are only running 4 six inch strings, I don't think you will be able to measure a difference.