Please Help - Lost E-clips and motor washers after bearing swap!

Hi guys,
I just got my FPV in (teleporter v3) shortly after replacing my bearings with ceramic ones.
It was all going well.. until I noticed my back two motors acting strange.
I discovered that the E-clips and washers on two of my motors have come undone and they are gone as gone gets.

My trouble is finding the correct replacements.
I found some online. But I was hoping to check here that $8 is not a gross ripoff for 12 of these teeny clips.
And.. also where might I find these itty bitty washers :O?

My craft is now grounded the night of my fpv's arrival. Please help v_v (waves white flag)

Also nice ta meetcha. I'm a multicopter noobie(but obsessed). I'll be here a lot more up and coming.

You can buy the c-clips, retainer clips or circ-clips at many fastener places..... look them up in your industrial park areas.
BTW - Never re-use these as they done not retain their spring/holding power.

The tiny slip rings or washers are much more challenging to source..... I posted the same question elsewhere on MRF but have not received an answer yet.

JasonV

You can buy the c-clips, retainer clips or circ-clips at many fastener places..... look them up in your industrial park areas.
BTW - Never re-use these as they done not retain their spring/holding power.

The tiny slip rings or washers are much more challenging to source..... I posted the same question elsewhere on MRF but have not received an answer yet.

Are these what your talking about? http://www.mcmaster.com/#retaining-rings/=qndjt0

Yes....... choose the external type with the little holes so that you and use an appropriate insertion/removal tool...... the most effective way.
And don't be scared of spending extra money on a top quality tool for insertion/removal. Otherwise you risk a failed retainer ring and loss of prop c/w rotor in midflight.

View attachment 16163

Attachments

• retain.jpg
    retain.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 357

Thanks guys, I found some replacement e-clips at the local hobby store. I checked a fastener store but the parts were too small and out of stock there. The washer is proving to now be the more difficult part to find but I will make a temporary fix in the meanwhile. I will have to get proper bearing and clip tools. They have been added to the shopping list!
I got lucky I didnt lose a bell already. Thanks for the tips and links.

gtranquilla

RadioActive
Glad it is working out for you..... One place I was able to source the retainer clips was Fastenal.... if that helps.......
After recognizing that it is only a single retainer clip that holds the prop and the bell to the motor shaft, I have since avoided hard upward acceleration of my MR while flying.....

Thanks guys, I found some replacement e-clips at the local hobby store. I checked a fastener store but the parts were too small and out of stock there. The washer is proving to now be the more difficult part to find but I will make a temporary fix in the meanwhile. I will have to get proper bearing and clip tools. They have been added to the shopping list!
I got lucky I didnt lose a bell already. Thanks for the tips and links.

Glad it is working out for you..... One place I was able to source the retainer clips was Fastenal.... if that helps.......
After recognizing that it is only a single retainer clip that holds the prop and the bell to the motor shaft, I have since avoided hard upward acceleration of my MR while flying.....

Haha I actually went to fastenal today for the first time, and they didnt have any in stock. They could have ordered them but I stopped by my local hobby store and found they had the clips. Neither had washers in the right size though :/
Thanks for the advice, it would have saved me if I hadnt gotten lucky at Maniacs hobby complex (I live fortunately super close, its my multirotor salvation)

Last edited by a moderator: