OrangeRx R620 full range receiver "w/failsafe"

NeilM

"Failsafe"
is this for in case of unbinding when going out of range?
how does this work?

Thanks!

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
Hey, noticed no one had answered you. It's not anything to do with unbinding. If the aircraft goes out of range then the receiver outputs a default signal set (of your choosing). In my case it selects the DJI failsafe mode which flies itself back to the home point.

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
Or any system. With single rotor helis you might have it so that the blades go to zero pitch and throttle stops, for a plane you might have it drop throttle to zero and slowly bank so it spirals to the ground. In our case (multirotors) we have it set to initialize a return to home. It's saved me a few times when flying out of range.

EvylRat

Hey, noticed no one had answered you. It's not anything to do with unbinding. If the aircraft goes out of range then the receiver outputs a default signal set (of your choosing). In my case it selects the DJI failsafe mode which flies itself back to the home point.
I'd like to mention that you should set throttle to middle for DJI quadcopter. I know this doesn't make sense, since you've already selected the fail safe mode.

In the software, with the quad connected, flick failsafe on the the DJI LED and the software all indicate failsafe. Turn the TX off and the same happens. However, in the field, my quadcopter just dropped like a stone when having range issues, or I turned the TX off (to test). Flicking the fail safe toggle worked as expected though.

EvylRat

it dose not Work for me ? Naza Lite. why not....
w
Mine is Naza Lite also. The orange R620 has TWO failsafe; preset (throttle only) and smart (all channels). To do the preset, leave binding plug in until bound. For smart; plug bind in, set modes on TX, plug battery into quad, as soon as light on RX flashes, remove the binding plug. Then turn on TX in bind mode. What until solid light on RX, and that's it.
First time, I'd accidentally set mine with zero throttle (preset mode). So as soon as it went out of range, the quad crashed.
Second time I'd set middle throttle, but still used preset mode, so the quad just hovered, and never landed or returned home. After studying the manual for the R620 I learned how to set the SMART mode.
Third test, quad hovers, then gently lands.
Use the Naza software to test the failsafe modes (TX monitoring page).