Here is an idea

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
[start rant] If you are going to put an $800 plus quad in the air, don't cheap out on the radio and buy a $6.00 Receiver and expect good things to happen! [/end rant]

Just saying.

jbrumberg

[start rant] If you are going to put an $800 plus quad in the air, don't cheap out on the radio and buy a $6.00 Receiver and expect good things to happen! [/end rant]

Just saying.

Sorry to hear about this. I can definitely relate by adding: Or a $200 build and a questionable $15 Rx. I am still trying to figure my 2 crash(es) out. I am a newbee so there are a couple of issues including inexperience with a larger quad and possible Tx-Rx signal issues. I have been posting about this. I am currently doing range checks with my TX and Rx and a basic KK2.0v1.6 FC - #1 ESC - Rx - battery setup and receiver testing. Then I will repeat the process with a basic rebuild of basic frame and component setup and dome. Something more than my inexperience is going on. I am at a loss with this.

Other than what I am doing are there other ways to figure out if a Rx is working? I am a little hesitant to risk putting my quad back in the air to field test this Rx for range. I know the Tx will fly my little "toy" grades out to +400'; and probably out farther, but I would lose visual tracking so I am not pushing it.