Mikrokopter MK GPS1 vs MK GPS2.1 (i bought an MK system and te seller switched the GPS)

I purchased an MK flight system and the listing had MKGPS2.1 on the listing and the photos also show it. When it arrived it has the MKGPS1 on it. I assume he swapped them out and kept the newer one. What I am trying to figure out is if there is a legitimate difference between the two or if I go and argue with the guy am I fighting for something that does not matter. Thanks guys!

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
I purchased an MK flight system and the listing had MKGPS2.1 on the listing and the photos also show it. When it arrived it has the MKGPS1 on it. I assume he swapped them out and kept the newer one. What I am trying to figure out is if there is a legitimate difference between the two or if I go and argue with the guy am I fighting for something that does not matter. Thanks guys!

the first series NAVI boards were red and had the compass module plugged in on top of them. yours is the black one so it's the second generation NAVI.

it doesn't have a small rectangular board plugged into it, right?

the GPS antenna has been the same all along.

the first series NAVI boards were red and had the compass module plugged in on top of them. yours is the black one so it's the second generation NAVI.

it doesn't have a small rectangular board plugged into it, right?

the GPS antenna has been the same all along.

OK that all sounds good. All the boards are black and I don't have a retangular board plugged in. Thanks Bart!

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
judging from what the guy sold you and looking at how screwed up it is, i don't think he was referring to the actual GPS board when he described it the way he did, I think he was referring to the NAVI which is the 2nd version. IMHO.

We had emailed back and forth and he definitely meant that it was the GPS. Also had a photo on the original listing of the 2.1. He is now saying he was selling this octo for a buddy and was apparently given some bad information. Either way, I still come out way ahead based on the frame, motors, and electronics on it, I just have to do some work to get it right. I appreciate your help.