Naza M-Lite "orange"/"yellow" flashing led

Ingajohn

I am trying to set u my M-Lite, using a Turnigy 9XR and Orange DSM2 Tx and Rx moules. I have installed the Naza Assistant software (v1.0) and it recognizes the LED unit.

I then get an error msg, which varies from "Rx Error" and sometimes "CFG error". When I disconnect the USB I get bright orange flashing.

This apparently indicates Fail Safe, but this is not the case (I think) because the TX and RX work well when used normally. I have tried various "Bindings" on FailSafe but nothing appears to work.

I have connected TAER and U on the first 5 channels (Mode 2) and from the naza connections to 4 motors.

Should I "Bind" when all of these are connected up?? This is the only thing I haven't tried, though i din't see how this can work as the TX has to be switched on first ( When Binding the TX is switched on second).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Ingajohn

Sounds like the radio is not correctly bound to your RX.

It is bound and all works well when connected directly without the Naza . . I have also set and reset Failsafe more than once (this is the "official" meaning of the flashing).

Thanks anyway

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
If this is the case, then you have a setting wrong within the Assistant, if the assistant is telling "Rx Error" or "CFG error", you have probably set up the Receiver type up incorrectly, if it is an S-Bus out you need to set D-Bus on, PPM or Traditional. S-Bus and PPM are wired completely different than traditional, Naza has one of the inputs assigned for S-Bus and PPM which is X2.

Why are you using V1.0 of the software? get the latest Assistant software, might help you out a little.

As said above, RX Error or CFG Error, the Naza is not seeing your RX... Read the manual and see what your settings should be.

Oh,
(this is the "official" meaning of the flashing)
The flashing also indicated loss of RX also! You don't need to tell me what it means, I have been around these for quite some time.

txlost_zps19e35ab2.jpg

Or this one makes more sense
greenflash_zps6e458e82.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Ingajohn

If this is the case, then you have a setting wrong within the Assistant, if the assistant is telling "Rx Error" or "CFG error", you have probably set up the Receiver type up incorrectly, if it is an S-Bus out you need to set D-Bus on, PPM or Traditional. S-Bus and PPM are wired completely different than traditional, Naza has one of the inputs assigned for S-Bus and PPM which is X2.

Why are you using V1.0 of the software? get the latest Assistant software, might help you out a little.

As said above, RX Error or CFG Error, the Naza is not seeing your RX... Read the manual and see what your settings should be.

Oh,
The flashing also indicated loss of RX also! You don't need to tell me what it means, I have been around these for quite some time.

txlost_zps19e35ab2.jpg

Or this one makes more sense
greenflash_zps6e458e82.png

Much appreciate your comments and for helping me out here . .

v1.0 Assistant is the one and only version available for the M-Lite. I am using a DSM2 Tx and Rx modules driven by a Turnigy 9XR. I have the first 4 channels plugged in to AETR on the Naza MC with Ch 5 using the Gear switch.

I am using "Traditional" on the Assistant which is the one to use for Spectrum Rxers.

I can get comms between the PC and MC and I can "sometimes" calibrate the sticks. There is inconsistency. The voltage section works. I get a Failsafe icon at the bottom right of the window, and always a config error. I have tried a variety of plug in switch on/off sequences but I still get the orange flashing. I have set and reset Failsafe many times (Is there a way to switch it off??)

Much appreciate your help . .and hope you have further ideas. I have a buddy who has a spare DSM2 Rx and I hope to check it out soon.

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Try your trims, make sure all trims are at neutral or zero, make sure all end points are correct on the radio. Seems very weird you can calibrate your sticks sometime but not other times, you may even have a bad receiver.

I am confused by your statement.
Spectrum Rxers
and your original
Orange DSM2 Tx and Rx moules

Are you using an Orange RX or the Spectrum RX?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ingajohn

Try your trims, make sure all trims are at neutral or zero, make sure all end points are correct on the radio. Seems very weird you can calibrate your sticks sometime but not other times, you may even have a bad receiver.

I am confused by your statement. and your original

Are you using an Orange RX or the Spectrum RX?

I am using a Turnigy 9XR (JR) with Orange DSM2 Tx and Rx modules, with a Naza M-Lite. I am progressing. When I disconnected Channel 5 (Gear) from the "U" on the Naza MC all went well . . I can calibrate sticks and all error messages have disappeared. On the bottom right of the Assistant software I now get the message "Attitude", and when I disconnect the USB, no fast flashing orange just a slow yellow/orange flash. BUT when I try to run the motors they won't function. When i reconnect Channel 5 to "U" I get the failsafe message. I am obviously doing something wrong . . How do I configure my Tx/Rx to get around this problem. As you may have guessed I am new to quadcopters, and the last time I flew model helicopters it was all 35Mhz stuff (15 years ago) . .Things were different then . .:nevreness:

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
I hope someone can chime in and help you out here, I do not know how to program them radios. Did you look on YouTube? usually some great tutorials on there.

Ingajohn