Help with Turnigy 9x

sree2359

I built my whole quadcopter, with KK 2.0 board and Turnigy 9X.. Binded the rx with tx.. But what about initial settings on TX..?? There are videos to show settings on KK board.. But none to show initial settings to be applied on the TX menus.. Can anybody help me..?? This is the only one step preventing me from flying my quad... I cant risk my quad with junk settings.. So waiting for your replies..

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/HK_movies2.asp?idmovie=30fa3da28aae418686a50cb419886581

I want changes to be done to all of the settings shown in the above video.. Which mode is to be selected..?? All are showing "Turnigy".. Plane type HEli..? Aux-ch settings.. Gain settings.. Thr-xx settings.. All of them..

Thank you in advance..

jbrumberg

Welcome sree2359. I just looked, but did not listen to that video and from the looks of the video I did not see a lot of helpful information. I will share my basic Tx settings: Set the quad up as an acro (plane). In reverse, reverse ELE, THR, and RUD. You will have to determine your own subtrim settings in the KK board receiver test as well as confirm your Tx stick functions. Do not worry about any other settings on the Tx at this point (I do not yet) except auxiliary channel if you want to use a toggle switch to activate self leveling on the KK board. I enabled Channel 5 Gear on my Tx.

There is a lot one can do with this Tx, but for at this point in time I have enough to worry about with this quad build. I do have Tx tuned my "toy" grade quads with great success, so I see future potential if I feel it becomes necessary.

I hope this helps. Good luck,

Jay

sree2359

Welcome sree2359. I just looked, but did not listen to that video and from the looks of the video I did not see a lot of helpful information. I will share my basic Tx settings: Set the quad up as an acro (plane). In reverse, reverse ELE, THR, and RUD. You will have to determine your own subtrim settings in the KK board receiver test as well as confirm your Tx stick functions. Do not worry about any other settings on the Tx at this point (I do not yet) except auxiliary channel if you want to use a toggle switch to activate self leveling on the KK board. I enabled Channel 5 Gear on my Tx.

There is a lot one can do with this Tx, but for at this point in time I have enough to worry about with this quad build. I do have Tx tuned my "toy" grade quads with great success, so I see future potential if I feel it becomes necessary.

I hope this helps. Good luck,

Jay

Thank you for your response Jay.. It helped a lot.. Some more doubts I encountered were:

1) My KK board is showing " Self-Level:eek:ff".. What ever the buttons I change.. It remains the same.. How to turn it on?

2) And what should I do If my rudder stick when moved to right, sending a signal of left to the KK board..??

3) I'm not able to arm the copter, even I put Throttle to Idle and Rudder to right.. (When I tried this, I didn't have my motors mounted.. Just ESCs alone and KK board..) Do I need to mount the motors in order to "ARM" my copter..??

4) What should I change the settings to switch my quad between Acrobatic-Attitude modes??

5) How to prevent mixing of signals.?? When I keep maximum Throttle, rudder is automatically changing..(Just 5-6 values.. I don't want that..)

jbrumberg

I think your problems are stemmming from the channels not having been reversed in the Tx. Self level should engage with the right stick moved back and to the right. #1 If it is not then hopefully it is because the board is not reading the channel reversal. That channel needs to be reversed #2 shows that that channel needs to be reversed in the Tx. #3 The failure to arm may also be due to the need for a channel reversal and I think the motors should be wired into the circuitry #4 I do not understand your ?. At the moment I need more coffee. Are you talking about "mode" select on the Tx? #5 This is where you want to use your subtrim settings on the Tx to "0" out the 4 basic channels on the KK board receiver test. With each of the 4 channels you adjust + and/or - on the Tx to get to "0". My rudder setting tends to jump around a little, but very little.

When you change your settings on the Tx hit the menu button briefly to exit that window and to set those settings. Then hit the menu button again to go back into that window to confirm your settings. Then hit the exit button to go to another window. You may be throwing out your new settings.

I hope this helps and good luck. I am constantly going back to my Tx owner's manual. Each time I reread it I get more information out of it. This is not easy stuff to learn and the manual's Changlish is not the easiest to understand and comprehend either. Hang in there.

Last edited by a moderator: