Just ordered a avl58

farmerfred

Hi I've just ordered an avl58 transmitter and I really want to know if I can plug the supplied jack straight into the zenmuse h3-2d?
ive read so much about issues with wiring but I just thought I'd ask? I'm not going to use an OSD just the avl58 and the zenmuse...

rilot

Yes, but you will still need to power the AVL58. Irritatingly it comes with a deans plug on it and not XT60 like everything else in DJI's portfolio.

farmerfred

Thanks for the reply,

I assume the deans plug means that they expect most users to add an additional battery to power the transmitter alone...

What has thrown me is the jack supplied with the zenmuse. It has a yellow video wire and then a red and black which I assume are power and ground but why on earth would it need power through the jack?!? Power is already supplied to the zenmuse GCU?!?

LeeT

Wannabe AP Dude
Thanks for the reply,

I assume the deans plug means that they expect most users to add an additional battery to power the transmitter alone...

What has thrown me is the jack supplied with the zenmuse. It has a yellow video wire and then a red and black which I assume are power and ground but why on earth would it need power through the jack?!? Power is already supplied to the zenmuse GCU?!?

With the Zenmuse you only need the yellow wire for video, the black and red are not needed. I have the yellow wire plugged into the OSD, and clipped the red and black. For what it's worth, power through the Zenmuse is redundant, as the camera can use it's own battery.