XAircraft Optimizing Performance of X650 Pro

Sorry if I missed this on some other thread, but I thought I would see how others are tuning their X650's.

Questions:

What is an acceptable level of variance in motor levels for a stationary hover in no wind?

If variance is too high, this could indicate alignment issues with motors or booms. How is alignment of motors and booms done the most effectively??
Example: M1 and M3 average 53%, while M2 and M4 average 35%. Where would one start in correcting this.

What is considered an acceptable level of vibration?

What would be considered a good target average of motor output for a straight hover in no wind to determine proper propeller size and pitch?

I am sure there are many more items to consider, but I figured this would be a start.

Thanks in advance for everyone's feedback,

~T.J.

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
Sorry if I missed this on some other thread, but I thought I would see how others are tuning their X650's.

Questions:

What is an acceptable level of variance in motor levels for a stationary hover in no wind?

If variance is too high, this could indicate alignment issues with motors or booms. How is alignment of motors and booms done the most effectively??
Example: M1 and M3 average 53%, while M2 and M4 average 35%. Where would one start in correcting this.

What is considered an acceptable level of vibration?

What would be considered a good target average of motor output for a straight hover in no wind to determine proper propeller size and pitch?

I am sure there are many more items to consider, but I figured this would be a start.

Thanks in advance for everyone's feedback,

~T.J.

Viewing data in the Black Box and adjusting from that, I have been told by XA that a vibration graph below 1.0 is okay below 0.5 is ideal and obviously 0.0 is perfect which you will never get.

I don't believe you will ever see a uniform motor thrust graph especially with props on as they are moving air and have varying resistance, this is especially true when out in the open and environmental conditions prevail, nevertheless 5 to 15% variation is okay, again I refer this as advice from XA, note in windy conditions even low, and manoeuvring the vehicle there will be differences sometimes extreme.

Vibration will occur from a number of factors, out of balance propellers, un-balanced motors, motors that are not level, arms that are not level, frame that has CG wrong and finally even the slightest of wind and having the vehicle in GPS hold mode will cause vibrations as the vehicle attempts to hold position.

First 2 things to do, Balance props and ensure motors are level to the frame and each other.

Good luck

David

David, Thanks much. Being that mounts on the X650 are all fixed, how are adjustments made to the leveling of arms, motors, etc? Also, what is the best way to check the levelness of such?

Thanks,

~T.J.

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
David, Thanks much. Being that mounts on the X650 are all fixed, how are adjustments made to the leveling of arms, motors, etc? Also, what is the best way to check the levelness of such?

Thanks,

~T.J.

There is a single bolt on each esc protector (top) undoing this will allow the esc protector and motor to move about 2 degrees in either direction.

Place a spirit level bubble on the FC (centre SX block) and ensure the vehicle and frame are level, then place a spirit level bubble on each arm in turn and adjust until level.

If you search this forum you will find other methods such as using a straight rule

David