Gimbal calibration problem - H3-2D

Flydigital

I've set up my H3-2D gimbal. connected to NAZA and all working fine except the dial - P1 isn't calibrated very well.

If I move the pot through it's full sweep the movement of the gimbal occurs between about 15-50%

I've done the X1 calibration on the PC but don;t know what more settings there are to play with.

On the PC set up there is a Gimbal section with various settings. Any changes here don't reflect any change on the system. Also turning Gimbal section on or off on PC doesn't affect the gimbal either - it still moves using P1 whether it's on or off.

It's usable but would be much better if I knew how to refine this. Thanks for any help here folks!...

Flydigital

Put simply, any tips on getting a gimbal to move smoothly through full movement of the dial?

In my case it's the H3-2d-Naza setup. Calibration procedure doesn't seem to work properly.

chipwich

FD, have you tried adjusting the servo travel limits? I am pretty new with my H3-2D, and haven't tweaked it much, other than note the dial position and gimbal pitch rotation, but with my non Zenmuse gimbals, those travel limits had great effect. FWIW, mine doesn't come off of straight down until about 10% of dial movement. One thing that is nice, on my Futaba T8FGs the midpoint on the dial (12 o'clock) corresponds with the point at which the motor arms come into frame. So, by turning on beep at midpoint in the TX, I have an audible queue as to were the gimbal is positioned on the pitch axis. I can move to to the beep point, then back off one click and know that the motor arms are out of the frame. Very handy when not "under the hood". Subbed.

Flydigital

Sounds like a great tip Chipwich. Thanks!
Programming that will push the limits of my knowledge but will definitely give it a go. I don't yet have the FPV stage so will be handy. I'm using an er9x Tx system and still learning the principles of programming.
Ditto 'servo travel limits' known as just 'limits' on my system. I had a fiddle with that but still unsure on the grammar of what it's trying to do. 0.0 -100 <- 100 is the default. I presume it allows you to map values but not getting anywhere. I'll take your cue that that's where to go to improve the setting and read up on it. `cheers.