Here is my Setup:

DJI F550 (Ordered the Aimdroix Extended arms) so it will be a F650

Graupner 9x5 Eprop
SunnySky 800 kv 2212-16
+- 2800 g
4S ThunderPower 5400 mah
Wookong M

My question is:

Should I upgrade to Graupner 10x5 props?

If I calculate the amperage for each motor on a table (attached) would be wrong? Like in the air the multirotor doesn't force as hard?
i used Ecalc for a basic idea..

Last edited by a moderator:

rilot

I would. The 9x5s are fine with the stock motors on 4S so with those 800kv items which will be slower per volt, you will need the extra lift of the 10" props.
TBH, the 10x5s are fine on 4S with the stock motors actually.

Question though. Why are you running extended arms if only intending to use 9 or 10 inch props which will fit the stock arms just fine?

More mm = more stability. These arms are light so it doesn't add a lot of weight.
I think.. These arms are Out of stock right now. Should I update my order for the regular size arms? i just thaught, like I said, more mm = more stability for image.

Also.. I have a yaw issue. So that's why im changing my arms

Last edited by a moderator:

rilot

What's the issue with yaw? Could be gains. A loaded F550 with Naza needs quite a high gain value to stabilise the yaw.

I feel your YAW problem has nothing to do with your arm length, change arms and nothing else you will still have a yaw problem.

Putting that aside if you are going to use the Aimdroix Extended arms use 12 inch props don't waste your time or money with 10".

You will get better efficiency more flight time and greater lifting capacity.

Your SunnySky 800 kv 2212-16 would not be suitable / appropriate for my above suggestion.

If you are not prepared to upgrade your motors do not waste your money on Aimdroix arms.

regards -bruce

gDallasK

I feel your YAW problem has nothing to do with your arm length, change arms and nothing else you will still have a yaw problem.

Putting that aside if you are going to use the Aimdroix Extended arms use 12 inch props don't waste your time or money with 10".

You will get better efficiency more flight time and greater lifting capacity.

Your SunnySky 800 kv 2212-16 would not be suitable / appropriate for my above suggestion.

If you are not prepared to upgrade your motors do not waste your money on Aimdroix arms.

regards -bruce

Hi Bruce,

Are you able to recommend any motors which would work better with 12" prop and Aimdroix arms - I'm thinking of going down this route myself .....

Regards.

I am just going step by step. I just baught the sunnysky motors and my Graupner Eprops. I will try to fly it with what I have (which will work) and when I feel that ill have to upgrade, I will.

You don't understand why I upgraded to aimdroix, that's why:

My arms aren't straight because they are too flexible = my yaw problem. Even by looking at it, I can see by putting my propellers side by side that one is higher, lower, higher, lower, etc I just needed a strong and non-flexible arm. Why extended? Just because since im buying expensive arms, why not paying the extra few box for larger ones that mat be usefull in the near future ( upgrading motors and props )
And larger drone are more stable
Sorry for bad english ;)

Basicly, you were saying that It was a waste if money, but I don't agree. :p What do you think?

Hi BraultJulien, I have used a reasonable number of genuine DJI arms on my multirotors and have never had a problem with the arms being different heights. Even if your propellers are a little higher and lower that is not going to cause yaw problems.

If your arms are twisted then that would cause problems.

I am not trying to discourage you from buying longer aluminium arms, I know they are very good, I was just pointing out that with 10" props on DJI arms or aimdroix arms is not going to give you any advantage (unless your existing arms are twisted).

Yes what you say is correct if you are going to upgrade to bigger motors and props in the future then it makes sense to purchase the longer aimdroix arms.

gDallasK - take a look at Ecalc, it all depends on how much weight you are going to carry (AUW) type of fan, motors, options are just too large to take a guess at what you have or will end up with.

Regards - bruce