IOC Choces on DX7

Tarheal63

So, I have my Naza lite with GPS set up on my DX7, and as many of you know, there is only one 3 way switch on the 7. I am setting up my 3 way for gps, att, man so I can do compass calibration, with the aux 2 set up to kick over to failsafe, my gear switch is going to set up my attitude mode, so I have to make a choice, off/course lock, off/home lock. Which one will be more useful to me? This is my first Naza, I have been flying the KK2. And no I am not going to purchase a different tx anytime soon, I have 13 airplanes programmed in to it and don't want to go to the trouble of doing that all over again :nevreness:

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
I would say off/home lock. If you lose orientation then home lock can bring you home. I personally don't use manual mode except for compass calibration. I have GPS/ATTI/Failsafe on my 3 position. If I want to do compass calibration I just adjust the gains on the transmitter from memory (42% for failsafe and 82% for MAN as an example). Saves all that mixing nonsense.

AirPix

I have GPS/ATTI/Failsafe on my 3 position. If I want to do compass calibration I just adjust the gains on the transmitter from memory (42% for failsafe and 82% for MAN as an example). Saves all that mixing nonsense.
Now that is a good idea. I have an older 8-ch Tx that I converted two of the proportional pots ("knobs") to 3-position switches, and one concern was that I could accidently switch to Manual on the GPS/Atti/Man switch, and was looking at somehow disabling the "Man" setting with programming. So it looks like one can select the "intermediate failsafe" setting using the Tx "endpoint adjust" and have it "ignore" the Manual setting. Here is a clip from Page 15 of the Naza User's Manual, the Control Mode settings are at the bottom:

View attachment 16137

I was just reading this part today, and *bing*, your post made something click. This can be a complex first-time set-up and I'm taking it slowly.

--Bill

Attachments

• NAZA_Tx_monitor.jpg
    NAZA_Tx_monitor.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 154
Last edited by a moderator:

FlyGirl

So, I have my Naza lite with GPS set up on my DX7, and as many of you know, there is only one 3 way switch on the 7. I am setting up my 3 way for gps, att, man so I can do compass calibration, with the aux 2 set up to kick over to failsafe, my gear switch is going to set up my attitude mode, so I have to make a choice, off/course lock, off/home lock. Which one will be more useful to me? This is my first Naza, I have been flying the KK2. And no I am not going to purchase a different tx anytime soon, I have 13 airplanes programmed in to it and don't want to go to the trouble of doing that all over again :nevreness:

Hi Tarheal.... I used this guys setup file using the SD card that came with the transmitter and imported it into my transmitter. Worked pretty well....

Last edited by a moderator:

AirPix

You will not be able to calibrate your compass. You need that functionality.
And just when I _thought_ that I was starting to understand this...

What does Ben Kenobi mean when he says:

I would say off/home lock. If you lose orientation then home lock can bring you home. I personally don't use manual mode except for compass calibration. I have GPS/ATTI/Failsafe on my 3 position. If I want to do compass calibration I just adjust the gains on the transmitter from memory (42% for failsafe and 82% for MAN as an example). Saves all that mixing nonsense.

And why is "failsafe" inserted between GPS and Atti, and between GPS and Manual in this screengrab from the Naza user manual (item #5)?

View attachment 16141

--Bill

Attachments

• NAZA_Tx_monitor.jpg
    NAZA_Tx_monitor.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 139

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
You will not be able to calibrate your compass. You need that functionality.

Yes you can ED. Read the whole post my good man :02.47-tranquillity:. I just change the gain/end point when I want to. It's not like you calibrate the compass every flight and I don't use manual mode for the big rigs.

FlyGirl

Yes you can ED. Read the whole post my good man :02.47-tranquillity:. I just change the gain/end point when I want to. It's not like you calibrate the compass every flight and I don't use manual mode for the big rigs.

Ben is right... That's what I do too. It works well.

AirPix

Thank you sir, that Epiphany still stands. As I said, I have a concern about bumping the switch to Man and panicking as the plane goes bonkers in Manual.

Now to dig in an conquer the next issue. Never have had a failsafe function activated in my Tx before and that is new territory, expecially interfacing it with the Naza.

--Bill

qcman

And why is "failsafe" inserted between GPS and Atti, and between GPS and Manual in this screengrab from the Naza user manual (item #5)?

Yeah good question. I too was wondering about that. Any ideas ??

medicflyer

This can be done and you dont have to sacrifice any thing you want to do. I currently have a flamewheel 450 with a naza lite on it. Here is how it is set up.

I have my three toggle switch to be able to move between gps, att, and manual

then I have the flap switch mixed with the three way toggle to activate the Fail Safe.

Aux 2 switch is what I use to activate course lock and turn it off.

Hope this helps.... let me know if you need any more help?