XAircraft What the hell was I thinking???

I was out having a great day flying my X650 today. I just finished the 2nd battery and was doing some typical GPS hold tests, all of which worked perfectly. When I landed, I very nice older gentleman came up and was very interested in the whole setup. I spent 30 or so minutes showing him the whole setup, talking about RC (he had been flying for years even rc jets), and had a great time. When he finally had to leave, I figured I was going to load one more battery and call it a day. I loaded the 3rd battery into the quad and I was practicing some high speed flying in ATT mode. Everything was going great and this baby was cooking. I finally had everything dialed in. So on a fast pass, there was someone walking by with a dog, so I flipped the TX into what I thought was GPS mode..........wrong way! I accidently flipped into manual mode. Never imagined that the X650 was an aerobatic machine! It did two flips! Then decided it would land for me at a high rate of speed. My beautiful quad did the compression dance and now I need some carbon fiber tubing! :( I guess it could have been a whole lot worse! I hit on some very thick lawn at the park. The hard part is going to be waiting on parts........ Regards, TJ

Aerovideo

Yeah, my crashes are always when I think "just one more battery!"

Sorry to hear about your crash, that always sucks!

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
In all my old 3D heli flights every 'incident' was in the last minute of the last lipo just after the timer went off and I decided to try something new.

Bad luck mate. Don't let it knock your confidence. Re-build and get out there again!

coreyperez

it's always that last flight! sorry to hear it :(

Haha, its hard to fly "pieces" after the fact!

I'm here on the XAircraft forum running down info prior to my SuperX Purchase. I'm thinking about getting an Octo and Xaircraft. They were my first choice prior to buying a Naza, but being new to it all I wanted something I knew would "work". Not that the SuperX wouldn't, it was just less common

Sorry about hearing you "Ball it up" (as we say in the Aviation world).

Corey