Tau Labs OP CC Vibration Sensing like the SK720 can?

Borneoben

Hi Guys

I have a question for the OP tech team.

I was wondering if the CC could use its onboard Accelerometers for measuring vibrations in teh airframe?

I know my old SK720 could do that and it was a valuable tool for setting up my Helicopter.
It gave a score from 1-10 i think with 1 being Zero vibrations.
What you thought looked like a nice smoothmachine was often more out of balance than you would have thought.

It would be great if that feature could be written into the code some how.
It would beneifit so many especilay those doing video and photography.

Does anyone know if it is possible

Cheers

Ben

Crash

Defies Psychics
Check out that link Gary. It's pretty clever. I'm wondering if it could be expanded to also tune feedforward by using vibration to measure prop speed.

jes1111

Crash - feedforward tuning will be redundant when the OP-ESC comes out: it will have full feedback to the FC, including RPM :)

My guess (not knowing too much about this stuff) is that the CC accels' won't be sensitive enough to register much above the noise floor. A nice project for somebody would be to design a little peripheral board that would interface to "n" discrete (high sensitivity) accels that you could attach to various points around the craft. Connected through one of the CC serial ports, it could send vibration data along with telemetry.

In a sense, measuring vibration on the CC board won't tell you much since it should be "soft mounted" anyway. The usual motive for killing vibes is for stills or video - so being able to stick some accels right onto the gimbal would be a great help.

Wish I could design such a thingee myself but I think I missed "Electronics 101" at school :(

Crash

Defies Psychics
The other day I was pulling my hair out trying to figure out why my board would not calibrate. I finally looked at the scope readings and they were quite wacky. The board was just sitting on a long table in an anti static bag. It turns out that the little 3" fan that was running on the table was enough to throw the gyros and ACC way off. Those things are sensitive but I don't know what type of internal (or external) filtering may be going on.

I like your idea though.