Droidworx tubes work like a sound resonance Box?

jappie911

Hello,

I have a heavy L. droidworx Xl, with AXI motors and carbon props. Everything is well balanced, but I keep hearing a strong resonance sound, especially when the engines are working hard, after decend for example.
Now I found out that especially the noise is coming through the cables which lie in the tube.
Even if I shake the MR, this sounds can be heard, I first was looking for a loose bold or something, but I actually think the sound is coming from the Silcon cables, I think the tubes work like a ResonanceBox ?

I tried to push some foam in it, but only on the outside, but i can still hear it.

Does someone had this problem also? And how to solve?

Regards from Holland,

Jasper

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Hi Jasper,

never heard of something smiliar and never experienced it on my bird. Do you have a foto of your setup and the wiring concerning the tubes ? Are you sure none of the motor mounts or booms are loose ? Which mounting plates are you using version 2 ? Motors okay ?

Boris

(Edit) When do you hear the noise, decent it most be really loud than ?

Last edited by a moderator:

jappie911

Can not believe either, but can not find anything loose..and it looked like the sound when shaking by hand was coming from more then one tube.. :(

Mounting plate nr ? Don't know, it's 3 months old now, coming from digitech.

Can not make a photo, I am on holiday without MK, but thinking about the problem.

But if nobody has this sound problem, there must be something loose.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
I just cant believe even if the silicon cables would be vibrating like crazy that this would be loud enough to be heard during a descent. If than it would have to be a part thats stiffer, my guess would be its the motors or the booms themselves have loose parts in them. Strange one !

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Do you think its the same with all tubes/booms ? Maybe a hand test someone holding it and you giving it some maneuvers could give clearance if it comes from all 8 arms or only one side.