What is the PMU's role besides BEC/Canbus Hub?

Blayne Chastain

MR, Heli & Sailplanes
Planning out the wiring for a heavy lift rig that will be using Gryphon Dynamic's BEC. Trying to decide whether or not I can get away without using the Wookong's PMU and use DJI's Canbus hub if we need extra ports.

We will be using the iOSD, BT LED and possibly the 2.4 datalink at times. But again, am thinking that I can just use the hub for extra connections.

Am I missing some additionall role that the PMU performs?

Blayne Chastain

MR, Heli & Sailplanes
After thinking a bit more on it and finding a bit more documentation in the WKM manual, it monitors voltage - which means that it is no doubt what monitors the voltage for the WKM low voltage failsafe option (which I don't use).

As far as the voltage monitoring on the iOSD, I'm assuming it gets the voltage reading right from the main power leads coming into the unit.

Thinking out loud here guys but please chime in if you have any words of wisdom.

Blayne Chastain

MR, Heli & Sailplanes
Also, it would seem that the WKM Main Controller (MC) is supplied power from the canbus lead coming from the PMU.

So if I wanted to NOT use the PMU, would I need to create a special cable that went from my 3rd party BEC (in this case Gryphon Dynamics) and then into a canbus port of the MC?